Chapter 13: Volpina's Final Battle

(Raccoon Gris's POV)

I readied my for the fight to happen. "How about a little bet, if I win you hand over your akuma. If you win, you get my miraculous, deal?" I reasoned with her. Suddenly a purple mask appeared over her face, there's someone talking through it. Was that Hawk Moth?

"Alright, Hawk Moth." Volpina agreed with him. "It's a deal." She readied her flute and cast illusions of her all around her. "You think that will stop me?" I say while defeating the illusions of herself, without hesitation.

"You're right, that won't stop you, but maybe this will." She played a slightly different tune on her flute. Feline Nuit arrived back from saving that person from whomever took them. "I didn't expect you to be here so soon, Feline Nuit." I look over to her, she's somehow different than before. "Cataclysm." She breathes through gritted teeth, she then charges towards me.

"Feline Nuit! There has to be a mistake, you're targeting the wrong person! I'm your superhero partner, not the super villain!" No matter what I say, she won't listen or even talk to me. I can't get touched by the Cataclysm because it's power is to destroy anything it touches.

Feline Nuit's eyes were once filled with confidence and happiness. Now they're filled with emptiness and rage. They show none of the same shine they used to when she made a pun or helped me up. What happened back there?

(Feline Nuit's POV)

I ran after the individuals that were fleeing on the rooftops. They seem to be at the same continuous pace and they never slow down.

"Shouldn't people slow down after so much running?" I continued to pursue after them. With no luck to catch up. All though I did see the hair shape of one of the people. It's messy and looks styled into place. I have a feeling that I know that person. I wanted to know who the one being dragged is.

My pace picked up and now I'm on a full pursuit of both suspicious people. The hair colour of the person being dragged along is blond. My mind adds up all of the information that I have with that person, there's only one person I know. "That has to be Adrien, he's in trouble."

Who is the other figure holding him by his arms while running away? They're impossible to catch.

Just then, both of them dissapeared into thin air. "Did I fall for another one of Volpina's tricks?" I think I know why Raccoon Gris let me go chase the both of them alone, she probably knew that it was an illusion.

"Does Raccoon Gris know where the real Volpina is? The real Volpina must still be on the Eiffel Tower." Raccoon Gris, what trouble are you getting into?

I pivot and turn around with my right foot, sprinting directly back to the Eiffel Tower. "I'm coming to save you m'lady." I'm not that far away from the Eiffel Tower, so I think I can make it in time, I hope.

After a lot of running, I finally made it to the Eiffel Tower. Something seems to going, a battle perhaps? I finally realized who was battling, Raccoon Gris and... myself? My cataclysm seemed to be active and trying to touch Raccoon Gris.

I have to step in and stop this. I throw my staff at my illusion of myself and it disappeared instantly. "Hey, Trash Panda. Sorry for not getting here sooner, turns out that those people that I was chasing were illusions." I jumped off of my perch on a beam that was a bit higher than the floor.

"I'm not getting tricked again, you must be another illusion." She throws her weapon directly for me. I readied for impact.

*thud*

It collided with my body. "Why would you think I'm an illusion? I just saved you from one. You didn't have to throw you weapon at me, jeez." I fold my arms into my chest, pretending to pout a little. "I'm sorry about that, I thought Volpina would have a back up illusion trying to save me. Can I have my robot claw back?" I understand why she'd think I was an illusion now. "Here, you're going to need it." I grab the gray with black detailed robot claw, throwing it towards her.