Chapter 9: Illusions

(Raccoon Gris's POV)

Why is Hawk Moth here? He never showed up in person before. Something strange is going on and I'm going to get to the bottom of this. With help from Feline Nuit of course.

Why did Volpina randomly show up the same time Hawk Moth did? There hasn't been any akuma in a while. Maybe Hawk Moth gave up or something, because an old man like him won't take my miraculous, that's for sure. I let out a light laugh at my remark.

I hear a short chime from my robot claw. Feline Nuit's calling me. I pick up and answer.

FN: "I think I found out something about Volpina."

RG: "Really? What did you find?"

FN: "I've searched all over Paris for her and she's gone. A good thing..."

RG: "There's no time for a little celebration that she's gone. Why are you glad she's gone anyways?"

FN: "Like I told you already, I have no idea why. It's probably my instincts making me hate her." "Any updates on Hawk Moth?"

RG: "The more I chase after him, the more I think it's a trap. For starters why would he even be out here for? Is it weird that he show up the same day Volpina and the meteor, something doesn't add up. We'll get to the bottom of this!"

And with that we both say our goodbyes and hang up the call.

(Volpina's POV)

"They've been foolish in falling into such childish trap. Taking Feline Nuit's miraculous will be easy, when I find her weaknesses and slowly break her." I let out a small and quiet cackle.

Now what could be the perfect trap for the little alley cat?

(Raccoon Gris's POV)

Ugh, this is for sure a trap. How long have I been chasing him? About 20 minutes, maybe? I don't know anymore. I should have listened to myself the first time. My fists clenched tightly, since I was on a rooftop, I might as well punch something to get rid of my anger.

*thump* *crack*

The brick wall was slowly cracking apart from the impact of both of my fists. "I may have used too much force on those punchs, whoops. I hope that my miraculous will fix this..." I let out a long breath out of my mouth before regaining composure, brushing small bits dust from the cement off of my costume and my hair.

"Now where was I? Ah, yes Volpina. She's still no where to be found, strange. The more I think about it, the more I think she's an akumatized victim trying to gain both Feline Nuit's and my trust and then betray us.

"I have to warn Feline Nuit about this." I pick up my weapon and dial Feline Nuit's number.

*ring* ... *ring* ... *ring* ...

The phone goes to voice-mail and I end the call. "Come on, Feline Nuit, what's got you held up? Usually you answer right away, this is the first time I've been sent to voice-mail when trying to call her."

(Feline Nuit's POV)

"That lying fox, she'll pay for leading both of us on a wild goose chase." I say while running on the rooftops of the citizens, trying to track Volpina.

Something seems off, but I can't put my finger on it. Why would Volpina just simply disappear? She's definitely hiding something.

The more I search, the more I become agitated and inraged, this gone on for 20-25 minutes. I soon realized that I wasted my time. "That it. No more being nice, I'm going to rip that fox to shreds." I can feel my claws getting sharper through my gloves.

SuddenlyI hear a small *thud* come from a roof near me, I would have never heard it without superpowers. I quietly landed closer to the noise. "Who's there, Raccoon Gris is that you? Volpina, if you're there show yourself."

I slowly walk a step closer. *click* A mechanism locked into place and every type of weapon imaginable surrounded me.

"What is this? A cat walked into my trap?" A evil chuckle was heard from the other side of the wall. "Who are you, show yourself, coward!" When the person emerged, I snarled, my teeth showing. My suspensions were correct, the fox is behind everything.

'You hate me just as much as I hate you, for ruining my life!" I ruined her life? What did I even say or do? "What makes you say that I ruined your life, you're be lying. Just for me to say sorry for something's I didn't do!" I yell at her, clenching my claws into my palms. She simply smiled, seeing me all angry must be amusing to her.

"Do you not remember? The park was where you humiliated me in front of everyone. The little raccoon trying to stop you, but was unsuccessful. Both of you must be weak. You can't even stop each other." She clenched her fists around the flute she was holding.

Thinking back on it now, Hannah and I went out to get ice cream and I saw Lila, I excused myself saying that my parents needed me, but that was a big lie. I snuck into an alleyway, transformed into Feline Nuit and confronted her. "Lila? Why are you doing this, what you do want to gain from this!?" I place my hands near my baton.

"All I want to gain is seeing you defeated and both Raccoon Gris and your miraculous in the hands of Hawk Moth. Maybe also your reputation as well. It would be a shame if you die right in front of me, your helpless corpse splattered all over Paris. Raccoon Gris would be so guilty that she can't do anything."

"Why do you think I won't put up a fight and maybe you'll lose." I extend my baton and making sure not to set off the mechanism restricting my movement of my right leg. If only there's a way to break it.

"Do you think you're strong enough to save not only yourself, but everything and everyone in Paris?"