5 | Railroad Troubles

September 9th, 2047

Somewhere at a train yard, a crew of Symphonica workers are seen loading up cargo onto a train, getting ready to depart.

Inside an office, a blonde-haired man is sitting at his desk, staring out the window while listening to a report given by a Symphonica officer standing in front of his desk.

"These Conductors and Musicarts haven't been registered in the database." The officer said as he presents some photographs on the table, where a woman with short white hair and tanned skin is sitting at the side. "Conductor Leonard has requested tuning to be done. Perhaps it has something to do with this. Shall we report this to Grand Maestro Sagan just in-"

"Is that what I ordered you to do?" The man asked as he turns his chair and crosses his arms. "Have you played chess before? Pawns on the board cannot move on their own." He said as he picked up one of the pictures and it was a photo of Destiny and Fantaisie fighting off D2s back at the casino in Las Vegas. "If some pieces did happen to move on their own... What would you do?"

"Please forgive me, sir!" The officer quickly apologizes, tightening his posture. The tan-skinned woman had a smirk on her face, seemingly amused.

"There's no need to trouble the Grand Maestro over this. We'll take care of it."

"Yes, sir!" He said before leaving the room, and the man stood up as he looked back at the photograph in his hand.

"Two unregistered Musicarts and Conductors..." He scoffs before gazing out the window. "If they ever get in our way..."

(Timeskip)

"So, where are we going next?" Takt asked as he is sitting on the hood of Anna's car, while Anna is trying to lift it up using a scissor jack to replace the front right tire that is punctured.

"New... Or... leans..." Anna replied, using all of her strength to jack the car up, and the fact that Takt is adding some weight by sitting on top of the hood isn't helping either.

"New... What was that?"

"New Orleans!" She shouted. "Seriously... Could you not talk to me right now?!" She said in between ragged breaths.

Eventually, she managed to lift up the car, and she unscrewed the wheel nuts and got the tire out before collapsing to the ground, catching her breath and wiping the sweat off her face.

"I'm tagging out. It's your turn now." She said, fanning her face with her hand.

"Huh? You want me to do it?" Takt asked.

"Who else is there?"

Meanwhile, Destiny is standing nearby, next to a cactus, curiously examining it. "Apparently there are some cacti that are edible." She said, poking at its thorns. "I must say that these prickly things do not look sweet."