6 | A day of Fun?

A city under ruins, set ablaze. Somewhere in the middle of a park, a raven-haired boy was seen in tears, on both of his knees on top of a ruined stage and cradling a lifeless body of a girl. Her once vibrant blue eyes are now dull.

"Selene..."

He mutters her name in a whisper, devastated, heartbroken at the loss of the girl's life. He tightens his hold on the girl with his one functioning arm, the other had been severely injured by the sudden explosion that happened on the stage.

"No... SELENE!!!"

His broken cry echoes throughout the ravaged city as he screams her name. Tears kept pouring out of his eyes as he wails and sobs in complete sorrow.

He then heard a loud roar, echoing in the distance. He lifts his head forwards to see a big wolf-like D2 charging towards him, its fur is pitch black, and its glowing purple eyes are filled with killing intent.

However, the boy didn't show any signs of moving. Despite the threat fast approaching him, the thought of running away and saving himself didn't cross his mind even for a second.

Why should he? He had already lost the love of his life. He had lost everything. So what is the point of living on anymore?

And so, he just stood there. Waiting for death to take him. Who knows, perhaps she could even be waiting for him on the other side. Though only one thing is certain; he is perfectly content with dying at this moment.

The D2 is now clearly in front of him as it lunges towards him with its sharp claws outstretched, about to rip the boy into shreds and he just stares blankly at it...

Until a bright light suddenly flashes from the pendant worn on the girl's neck and he closes his eyes in reaction to the blinding light. And from the sudden flash, a curved blade swings through the air and cuts the incoming D2 in half.

As the light dies down, he opened his eyes to the shock of seeing the girl now somehow standing in front of him, a black and blue bladed scythe in hand.

He noticed that his left arm is now completely missing, and his eyes are now glowing blue.

A flurry of blue petals is seen swirling around her as she then turns around and looked down at him with her glowing blue eyes, twinkling like azure gems

But something about her is different now. The girl looks down at him with an unfamiliar gaze, the words that soon came out of her mouth speak in a different manner, almost monotone, seemingly devoid of emotions.

"I ask of you. Are you my Maestro?"

The boy was unable to answer as he looks up at her with widened eyes, still in shock at what is transpiring in front of him. The deceased girl in front of him had suddenly come back alive, however, it seem like the person in front of him now wasn't herself anymore.