10 | Breaking Point

"Destiny, get him out of here!" Akiri ordered, and Destiny only nodded as she lifted her Maestro up and carried him away into the forest.

"You're not getting away!" Schindler thrusts his arm forward and Hell starts to chase the fleeing Destiny. However, Fantaisie then got in the way and swung her scythe in an arc, causing Hell to back away to avoid the attack.

"Your opponent is me!" Fantaisie twirls her scythe as she gets into a stance.

Hell only grinned. "Okay. Try to entertain me."

Fantaisie only stayed silent as she tightened the grip on the handle of her scythe as the two Musicarts prepared for battle, while their conductors stared at each other with narrowed eyes.

At that moment, tiny drops of water started coming down, and it started to rain, though not heavily.

"Akiri Shiranobu." Schindler started speaking. "I knew that name sounded familiar. Your father, Akimura Shiranobu is a leading researcher at Symphonica. Surely you of all people would understand."

Akiri only stayed silent as he narrowed his eyes.

"You see, this is the only way to build a peaceful future for those who survive. A better world."

The boy grits his teeth in anger. "Born out of blood. The way you achieve such peace matters just as much. Your method is wrong, so I will never agree to it!"

"Too bad. Your father has done some favours for me, so I was thinking of sparing his little boy. I guess this makes it easier for me then." The man snaps his fingers and Hell immediately charges towards Akiri.

However, before she could reach him, Fantaisie quickly went in to intercept the attack, swinging her scythe. But Hell reacted just in time by lifting her feet and parrying Fantaisie's weapon away and the two Musicart backed off.

Fantaisie clicked her tongue in frustration while Hell only had an amused smirk.

"Fantaisie..." Akiri walked over and placed a hand on his Musicart's shoulder. "Listen to me. We can't take them on right now. You can't win against her."

To his surprise, Fantaisie ignores his order and she charges straight towards Hell and they begin trading blows. The rainfall soaking their clothes did little to hinder their movements as they battled.

"I have to do this..."

Fantaisie thought to herself as she dodged a slash by leaning her head backwards.

She recalls the moment when she collapsed just after a battle a few days ago.

"I have to prove to Maestro... That I..."

She recalls the moment when Akiri, her Maestro, had to conduct Destiny to fend off a D2 attack, because she was unable to fight. Her heart aches just thinking about it.

Fantaisie grits her teeth and she went on the offensive, swinging her scythe towards the enemy, however, Hell evades her attacks with finesse, twirling and spinning her body around with her superior speed and manoeuvrability thanks to the help of her rollerblades.

None of her attacks were hitting, but Fantaisie kept going until she spotted an opening and she went for it. While Hell was spinning around, Fantaisie did the unexpected and thrust the blunt end of her weapon forward, hitting Hell in the stomach, and causing her to wince.

This gave Fantaisie the opportunity to attack with the blade of her scythe. However, Hell was quick to react, she lifted her leg high and blocked the swing with her rollerblade, causing Fantaisie's scythe to recoil back as the two Musicarts then backed away from each other.