7 | Selene

"We're here." The boy said to her as he then got out of the car. A moment later, Fantaisie did the same and she went to stand next to him, looking at the worn-down house in front of them.

It looks like no one has been living there for a long time. On the front lawn, the grass is overgrown and unkept, dried leaves are littered all around.

"What is this place?" She asked, slightly confused at the sight and curious as to why her Maestro wanted to visit this ruined house and he answered with only one word.

"...Home." He walked towards the door and pulled out a key, putting it into the keyhole and twisting it, unlocking the door. After a brief pause, he took a step inside.

"This is your home?" Fantaisie asked as she follows him inside.

"Yeah. This is where I grew up and lived with my dad. Before Selene and I moved to L.A." Her Maestro replied as he flicked on the light switch. The incandescent lightbulbs briefly flickered before illuminating the room in warm, yellowish light.

He stepped into the living room, his eyes peering around the area. Although there was a lot of dust everywhere, the room is quite tidy, the furniture was still neatly arranged from the last time it was used.

Akiri quietly strolls around the room, memories beginning to flow. He recalls the good moments and also the bad ones.

Fantaisie also looks around in curiousness, glancing at every small bit of decorations and trinkets on the shelves and photos hung up on the wall. Her eyes then landed on what seemed like a family photo, kept nicely in a picture frame.

She then picked it up and showed it to her Maestro. "Is this you?" She pointed towards the small boy, no older than six, smiling happily as he stood between two adults.

"Yeah. Me, my mom, and my dad." He walked over and Fantaisie handed him the picture. He smiled as he touches the photo with his fingers, more memories of happy times being remembered.

"Your parents..." Fantaisie continued. "Where are they?" She asked, and he reacts by lowering his gaze, saddened.

"Well, dad is working at Symphonica's Berlin Headquarters. Last I heard..." He said as he then looked at his mother in the photo. "Mom... She died when I was young. I barely remember her..."

"I'm sorry." She apologized, feeling bad for bringing up the subject.

"It's fine." He answered, and a moment later, he placed the picture down again before continuing to look around the room. Fantaisie glances at the photo for a brief moment before following him.

After a moment of silence, both his and Fantaisie's attention is now on one thing. Their eyes are set on a dusty old grand piano, sitting in the corner and the boy slowly walks up to the instrument.

"Probably should've covered it up." He said as he slides his fingers across the dusty surface, revealing the glossy black paint underneath.

"Can you play it?" Fantaisie asked with her head tilted slightly.

"You know I don't play anymore."

"Please? For me?" She said, looking up at him with a pleading look on her face. He then let out a sigh.

"Fine. Just a little..." He replied with a sigh as he then went and sat on the stool. He got comfortable on the seat as he presses a few keys, going up the A major scale. "Sounds like it's still in tune."

His fingers hover above the keys for a few moments, his hands are seen shaking, as if in fear of the instrument under it. He took a deep breath to calm himself down and the shaking slowly stops. Fantaisie watches him in anticipation and he took another deep breath until he finally started playing, filling the room with music.