9 | Truth Brought to Light

"Why is Fantaisie acting so strange...?"

Currently, Akiri is making his way back to the motel while wondering about his Musicart's recent behaviour.

As he walks along the sidewalk, he recalls what Fantaisie had said to him just a few minutes ago.

"Sorry, Maestro. But I need to be alone right now..."

The boy then lets out a sigh. "What in the world is going on with her...?"

(Timeskip)

Akiri walks into his room and drops down to lie on his bed and he lets out a long sigh.

"Was it because I didn't let her buy from that taco stand the other day?"

The boy thinks out loud, still wondering about why his Musicart has been acting strange lately.

"Or maybe she's mad at me because I stayed up all night last Thursday?"

He rolls to his side on the bed and as he does, he saw a black violin case sitting in the corner of the room.

"Maybe I'll do something to take my mind off things..."

(Timeskip)

"Ah... It's no good..." Takt crumples up another sheet music paper and tosses it into the rubbish bin at the corner of the room, a few more crumpled paper is seen strewn around on the floor.

In front of him, is a melodica, which he has been using to help him compose his song. "I can't think of anything right now..."

At that moment, he started to faintly hear a melody being played from outside. From his experiences, he could tell that it is a certain stringed instrument.

"A violin?"

He got up from his chair for the first time in a long while and started to make his way outside.

He then saw that it was Akiri, playing the violin at a grassy field across the street from the motel.

"Akiri?"

Takt then went quiet as he listens to the music Akiri is playing, watching as he masterfully played the instrument, moving the bow back and forth against the strings to create a symphony of sounds that fully represents the composer's feelings, responding in the listener's heart.

Takt's breath was taken away by the beautiful tune that blesses his eardrums. He can't help but to continue listening in silence.

A few moments later, he had reached the end of the song, the final note still echoed and lingered in the air.

Akiri then felt a presence behind him and he looked over his shoulder to see that it is Takt, walking over towards him. "Oh. Hey, Takt." He greeted as he turns to face the tired-looking boy. "Is there something you need?"

"Don't you think it's dangerous to be playing so loud outside?"

"Fantaisie and I just took out a bunch of them earlier, so I don't think there will be any more coming today." He replied. "If not, this is the perfect opportunity for me to play."

"I thought you don't play anymore."

"Well, I guess I've warmed up to it again." He replied, looking at the instrument in his hand.

"That music you were playing... It was really beautiful."

"Thanks."

"But..." Takt continued. "It sounded like it was missing something."

"Good ear. As expected from the son of 'Rooster'." Akiri smiled. "It's missing a piano accompaniment. It was written as a duet after all."

"I see... Who wrote it? Was it you?"