A predicament....

Well... This is a problem...

I was afraid this was gonna happen eventually. But I didn't expect it to happen before the game even releases.

So yeah, the game's official YT channel introduced a new Musicart, and it looks like she is going to be based off of, if not actually called "Fantaisie Impromptu" (not entirely sure since I can't read Japanese).

This is a problem because my OC in this book is already called "Fantaisie".

Now, so far, I've only come up with some ideas on how to make this work.

1: Change my OC/Fantaisie's name entirely into something else

(But it's possible that the official game would later introduce a new Musicart with the same name again later down the line. Plus, changing the name of a character which I took so long to develop feels kinda wrong, you know? It feels cheap to just suddenly change her name out of nowhere.)

2: Completely ignore the official character

(Just go on with the story as planned. But some readers might not agree with the idea of me ignoring the source material.)

3: Come up with something to explain why there would be two Musicarts that have the same name

(The most likely option I'm going to go with)

4: K I L L  O F F "Fantaisie" in the finale of the book

(Fantaisie dies in the finale and the official Musicart takes her place. I'm probably not going to do this since that is not the story I have planned. Plus, there's a possibility that the official character already exists at the time when the anime takes place, so there'll still be two Musicarts with the name "Fantaisie" in my book)

5: Delete this book entirely, like, nuke it to f'ing oblivion

(The last resort. Delete the book and all the plotline I have planned and start over with a new book. Months of planning and writing down the drain...)

And, that's it. That's all I could think of to possibly solve this problem.

I'd most likely go for option three, coming up with something to explain why there are two Musicarts with the name "Fantaisie".

But I'd have to wait for more official material to be released so that I could figure out how this whole Musicart naming thing works in the canon universe.

Let me know what your thoughts are in the comments, or if you have any other suggestions to offer me, I'm all ears.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading.