Game

Izuku Midoriya

Seeing Katuski was never part of the plan; not his plan, at least. The Alpha stood amongst a crowd of young teens and Izuku felt a small part of him ice over. The blossom of hope that dares to bloom was stomped out, sprayed with weed killer, and doused with a fresh dose of reality. Katsuki missed him, but Izuku would never be free. Not when his whole life was back home, hopefully doing his studying and playing games – remaining innocent for as long as he could. Karu deserved a childhood that wasn't filled with heroes, villains, and traumatized parents.

There was never anything he wished to protect more than his own child. He would risk his own unhappiness, his mate's happiness, if that meant he could keep Karu safe just a moment longer. Please, just a moment longer.

Izuku watched as his old teacher, Aizawa, fell to the ground. 

A large sphere-like tentacle stuck from his abdomen. There was screaming and the stench of prepubescent pheromones filling the air as he stayed frozen in his tracks. Katsuki's gaze held him captive until Dabi's voice broke him out, and like the dog he was, he returned to his master and vanished back to their hide-away – their home. Karu came running, the sound of his voice drowning out the suffocating chill in his chest. One look at his son brought him warmth – and rage.

Rage was something he hid away; knowing that being angry was not something that would help him. It was easy to be angry, but after years of fighting, it was slowly becoming easier to push aside. However, when he looked at Karu and Katsuki's face began blazing in his mind after so many years of pushing the Alpha's memory away, he felt his throat constrict and his heart take off gunning.

There were things that Izuku knew – things he shouldn't know, but because of his compliance and status amongst the LOV he was granted access to. As the crowd of villains disbursed, cackling and cheering their sick praise over killing the pro-hero, Izuku scooped Karu into his arms and began walking.

"Where are you going?" Dabi's voice stopped him as his expression remained stoic as ever.

"To spend time with our son. Karu needs attention. We will be back for dinner." Izuku explained with a very thrilled looking five year old on his hip. Dabi nodded at the pair, still glowing form his obvious successful mission. Izuku was living in survival mode. He was running out of time. Karu would be developing his quirk any day now and Izuku was more than positive the boy would not be as lucky as to have been born quirkless. Karu was too much like his father – his real father, Katsuki.

"What are we gonna play, Mama?" Karu asked, staring around as Izuku led him downstairs towards the labs.

"We are going to play a really important game today, sweetie. You must be very quiet and very brave. Do you understand?" Izuku didn't look at his son as he carried him. He feared that Karu would see his own fear lingering in his eyes. "You have to be brave for Mama, okay?" Izuku scanned into the lab, hesitating outside the door as he watched for any movement inside. There were a few people working on computers, splicing Nomu DNA and storing blood samples. Izuku glanced at Karu and held a finger up to his lips.

Karu mirrored him, a small finger held to his pursed lips, his eyes wide with wonder and nervousness. They both knew that Dabi prohibited them from entering the labs without him present. Izuku smiled encouragingly at his child and slowly began walking, his stride confident and calm as to not alert anyone of his presence sooner than need be.

He studied them for years. Each and every hero and villain had a profile in his mind; a dedicated list of strength, needs, risks, and downfalls. Izuku knew how each of their quirks worked, inside and out. He began questioning why he did not leave sooner as he approached the refrigerated wall of test tubes. Karu was gripping his arms tightly, his lips pressed together tightly to avoid making any sounds and Izuku felt his heart breaking. Hope was dangerous, but Izuku had nothing else but a gut feeling and instinct as he snatched the tube he was looking for. He looked at Karu, his wonderful baby boy, and prayed to whatever god was watching them that they look after his son.

"I love you – to the moon and back." Izuku spoke softly before dumping the contents of the test tube into his mouth and swallowing.

Izuku felt it instantly. The shock of power jolted him and he gripped his son firmly against this side before focusing everything he had into this quirk's activation. He pictured where he wanted to go, grasped the image firmly in his mind and pictured both he and Karu there.

"Hey, what are you doing over there? You're not supposed to be here without Dabi and children are not allowed in the labs."

Izuku closed his eyes, his brow scrunched and sweaty with effort and determination. The thick purple fog began to surround him, swallowing him up as he struggled to take hold of the image in his head.

"Hey! No, Fuck! Get Dabi now!"

The second the quirk took effect, he felt weightless and Karu gasped in his arms, struggling to stay quiet as he was told. When his feet landed on the ground in front of the capital building, chaso was everywhere. Police cars, sirens, children screaming, and him.

Burnt caramel and smoke.

Katsuki stood, bloody and tense, with a group of children as officers marked off the scene with police tape. And it wasn't long before someone noticed him and the sound of people barking orders began growing louder. Karu's voice rang in his ears as his child began to grow restless and anxious. He could feel eyes on him but the only one he cares about in that moment was him.

Forcing his body to move, Izuku ran forward with Karu suddenly crying in his arms. His heart broke at the scared sound. The first time his child was ever outside, and this is what he had to see. Izuku felt his eyes brimming with tears as he approached his saving grace. The moment the Alpha turned around, his red eyes dark with pain and loss, Izuku did the one thing he came to do.

With one last kiss upon soft green curls, Izuku shoved Karu into his mate's arms. He was sure whatever expression he wore now was one of devastation and panic. The Omega faught against every instinct as he released Karu into Katsuki's arms before taking a wild step back, Karu's eyes grew wide with panic, his cries for Izuku became too much as he activated the borrowed quirk much easier this time and stepped back into the purple void.

"Katsuki... Take care of our son."

***

Author's Note

Hello everyone,

I know it has been over a year since I have really updated or posted, but I want you all to know that I am still here - alive and well. Life has taken over since graduating college mid-pandemic. I have a  full-time job that takes up most, if not all, of my time. 

Please know that I have not given up on my books! I have also promised you all happy endings, as I cannot handle sad endings unless I give warnings beforehand. This book particularly is not happy or easy to stomach, but it will have a happy ending. I keep my promises!

Thank you all for continuing to read, and to those who have moved on and stopped reading, thank you as well! I know it is  hard to stick around when an author goes MIA for a year, and I don't blame you! For those who are mad and upset that this book is not all happy-pappy rainbow farts - tough shit. *shrug* It is my story and I do what I want XD Love you mean it! 

I don't force anyone to read my books and I am sorry if you don't like the angst. It is all for the plot and in the end everything will work out. Karu, Izuku, and Katsuki will not die and all will be just fine!

Thank you for everything!

Much love,

Redd