Break

Katsuki Bakugou 

Some days were harder than others

Some days were harder than others. Pro Hero Katsuki Bakugou spent the past five years searching for his mate and child restlessly, to no avail. After graduating from U.A. and starting a career working as Ground Zero, Katsuki told himself he wouldn't ever give up on finding Izuku. Even as his career blossomed and he assumed the role as the number one hero, the Alpha never stopped searching. The Omega hunted his dreams and Katsuki wondered if he'd ever see those starstruck emerald eyes and chocolate dusted freckles ever again. 

Not only was Izuku taken from him too soon, but his child was somewhere out there as well. Kirishima stuck by his side through the years, spending his free time searching alongside his mate, Denki, for any clues to find Izuku and their child. The last place to have offered any insight was the video footage taken from a convenience store a few towns away. At the time, the Pro Heros and local law enforcement went to search the area, only to come up empty-handed. It was as if Izuku and his captors had just disappeared from the face of the earth. It didn't make any sense. 

It kept Katsuki up at night, and when he wasn't struggling to sleep he was struggling to keep his mind from slipping. People told him to give up the search and advised him to prepare himself for the idea that Izuku might not be alive anymore. 

All Might had passed away a few years ago. Before he passed, Katsuki begged him to pass down his powers in hopes of keeping his and Katsuki's legacy alive. The Hero refused to, saying that it wasn't the Alpha's destiny. All Might died, still preaching about his bright and capable student 'Young Midoriya'. The Omega had been the last to receive All Might's power and Katsuki prayed that it gave his mate the strength to stay alive. 

His apartment felt more and more empty as the days passed. When he wasn't at work, Katsuki was home where he spent countless hours using his Hero privilege to collect any data that might help him find his missing family. Katsuki had friends on all sides of the world who were on his side, offering their support and services when needed. It had been years since he had last has taken a break from his ultimate mission. A mission most of the world had given up on a long time ago, but not Katsuki. 

A buzzing in his pocket pulled him out of his thoughts. He should have known that he wouldn't get a free weekend when it was his week to be on call. Katsuki sighed when he saw the caller ID: Aizawa.

"What do you want? It's the weekend," he rumbled with annoyance. Everyone with half a brain cell knew that the Alpha spent his weekends focusing on finding Izuku. Sure, he was on call and Hero duty came first, but his number one priority would always be Izuku Midoriya. 

"Is that any way to greet your old professor? Get the stick out of your ass, kid. I need you to chaperone a field trip. We're leaving in a few hours and my last chaperone canceled."

"Fuck. What about your back up chaperone? I'm not wasting my weekend keeping a bunch of snotty-nosed brats out of trouble," the Alpha growled in frustration. His fingers pushed his hair out of his face while eyes scanned over the countless documents strown all about his desk.