Dreams

(Angst)

(Self Deprecation)

(Profanity)

Katsuki Bakugou

"K-Kacchan?" The young boy rolled in bed, his floppy curls were stuck to his face in random places as he blinked his sleepy eyes at the slightly older boy

"K-Kacchan?" The young boy rolled in bed, his floppy curls were stuck to his face in random places as he blinked his sleepy eyes at the slightly older boy. Izuku still called him that, and Katsuki figured he would have grown out of it by now. However, it was still the first name to slip his tongue when trying to get the blond's attention.

"What," Katsuki whispered into the darkened room while flipping over to his side to face the puffy-eyed boy beside him. It's been a while since the greenette had a nightmare during one of their sleepovers.

"I — I had a nightmare," Izuku whispered back while rubbing his sleep-filled eyes with the back of his fists. A pouty jut of his lip only adding to his pitiful expression that Katsuki has never been able to ignore. He moved closer to his best friend and opened his arms as an invitation. He knew that his friend would want to be held, that's just how Izuku was.

Almost immediately, Izuku dove into the blond's arms and tucked himself into his chest. The slightly older of the two instantly wrapped a protective hold around the frightened boy. Izuku rubbed his eyes again and Katsuki knew that he was fighting back tears. The boy had always been a cry-baby, but the blond didn't mind. Katsuki knew he had a powerful quirk and would be a hero one day. Then Izuku would never need to cry again because he would be protected from all the bad guys. Izuku would never need to be afraid again.

"Kacchan," Izuku mumbled with a scratchy and tired voice while Katsuki ran soothing hands over the smaller boy's back.

"What is it, nerd?" The blond mumbled back, pressing his face tenderly into Izuku's messy green curls. He smelled like strawberries.

"You're going to be the b - best hero, Kacchan. You always make the bad go away," Izuku sighed and snuggled himself closer into the older boy's body, hiding away in his protective arms. Katsuki tsked, but tightened his arms around his friend, knowing damn well that he would be the best hero one day. He had to be.

"I've told you this before, stupid." There was no hostility in his voice when he spoke. "I will always make the bad go away," The last part came out hushed. His voice faltering at the sincerity behind his statement. Katsuki always promised to take the bad away for Izuku, knowing the nerd was too weak to protect himself and would get himself hurt — or even killed someday. Izuku was quirkless, and even now at 10-years-old, he still refused to believe that he would be quirkless forever.

"Mmm — Thanks, Kacchan," Izuku mumbled and a smile played on his lips while Katsuki dropped his head on top of the messy mop of hair, enjoying the warmth of his best friend; knowing that nothing would ever take him away. He wouldn't let that happen.