Me, My Brother, Brutus,and Fifi

They gasp. The entire district.

     Before Fifi can even ask the audience to congratulate us, District 2 slowly starts to clap, and then turns into cheers and cries of amazement and honor. These people don't even realize...
     I can hear and see my dad going, "That's my daughter! That's my kid!" Smiling weakly.
"Give it up for Cato and Callie!" Fifi sighed, looking at the people of District Two like they were the most beautiful human beings on Earth.

     This year her hair was green, along with her jumpsuit, skin and her makeup. When she does something, she commits to it!
And soon enough we are being escorted to the justice building.
I enter a room with a velvet couch and lots of tapestry. I sit down, and it's not long before I have my first visitor. My dad.
He sits down next to me and puts his arm around my shoulder.
"Listen Callie, you are a smart, strong girl. You have it all! You have what it takes to win. Do your best. I know you can do it," he said.
"I got it," I say hoarsely.
"Remember, play to your strengths. You come from a family of winners. Bring honor to our name."
"You're going to say the same thing to Cato, dad. It doesn't really matter."
"Because two of my 3 children are being sent into the arena, and one has already come out a victor. I say the same thing to all of you because you are capable, and that's what I said to Carter and he came out of the arena."
We discuss strategy for a minute or two, before the peacekeepers come to escort dad out.
I am surprised by my next visit. It's Carter. He sits down next to me silently.
"You can do this, ok? You've got it!" He says, shaking. "You know what I did in there, and you are just as capable!" Now he is trembling even more.
"Just don't turn out like me when you come out. Don't be something you are not. You are more than enough and that makes you deadly. Remember, you are a Hadley. We're winners, and we are merciless! Because that is what they made us! Murderers!" He was now yelling.
I put my hand on his thigh, and made his head lay own my shoulder. I stroked his hair and let him relax.
"I will don't you worry brother. I won't forget what you said."
We say our goodbyes, then the peacekeepers escort him out.
My last visit, is the most unusual, as it is Darrin.
"Listen, your brother is scary, but not as scary as you. I train with you 24/7 and you are by far the scariest person I have met. You are crazy smart. And you've got a lot of small random knacks that can help you in the arena. Use these to the best of your ability. Just some advice from a friend."
     Friend? Okay!
We talk about random, funny things that take my mind off of the Games, until the peacekeepers come and I snap back into reality.
     The peacekeepers escort him out, and then lead me onto a small train with my brother that will take us to the Capitol train.
     I can hear everyone screaming and cheering for us. But I'm really not in the mood.
     I step onto the Capitol train and am immediately mesmerized. It's gorgeous. Even if we live in a wealthy district, we are not treated too differently from other districts.
     "Cato, I've heard they have scented showers!" I say excited.
     "Sweet," he replies in awe, looking around.
We walk together toward the next compartment which is the sitting area.
We both sit in armchairs next to each other. Both of them are magenta.
We sit in silence for a couple of seconds before the automatic sliding doors open, and Brutus comes and sits down.
"Alright. I've heard about you boy," he says looking at Cato. "You-not so much," he says to me, looking me up and down. "Your names are Cato and Callista right?"
We both nod, and I say, "Call me Callie."
"Ok. First off, just wanted to ask, are you two related? I kind of feel that with you two."
"We're siblings," I respond.
"Ok. In the arena, that is a deadly thing. Do not let anyone know about this. I'm not asking you to create some mass lies about it. But don't lie. Because that will come back to haunt you. Even if it is as small as what your favorite ice cream flavor is. Just try and bend the truth. But don't exploit it. Got it?"
We nod again.
"Alright. Let's get out of here and go eat."
Cato and I get up and move into the dining car.
     We sit down, and shortly after, Brutus and Fifi join us for lunch.
The Avox's brought us everything slowly. The appetizers first obviously. There were rolls, and chips, and dips and mozzarella sticks. Sweet. I snatched a little bit of everything and dug in. I hadn't eaten in hours. But every time I starve, I feel a little bad for the other districts. Especially 12. None of them are wealthy at all. Well, not my problem.
Then came our wonderful lunch. There was chicken sandwiches, dressing, subs, tenders, nuggets, it's chicken heaven. I take sandwich and some cranberry sauce, along with ranch and some bread rolls.
"Alright, we'll be in the Capitol in 20 minutes," Brutus says.
     The entire time we're eating, I'm giving my brother a dirty side eye. He shifts around, and tries to ignore me. But I know he can't and won't. He is slowly going to kill me.