Down With The Peasants!

Katniss POV:

"Okay, so you will light all of these fires, and I will go and blow up the supplies. Okay, Rue? And don't forget our 'help' whistle."

"Okay Katniss, I won't. We'll be fine, right?"

"Of course Rue. We will be."

     So Rue and I parted.

     I headed east to the Cornucopia.

     I walked. And walked and walked and walked.

     A millennia later, (Not really of course) I reached a clearing in the woods. I saw them. The Careers. They were all sitting outside, lounging. Just doing nothing. There was a scrawny boy with them. I assumed he is the boy from District Three.

     Cato shouts.

     I already know that Rue has done her first job.

     A fight begins to break out among them. Loud enough that I can hear.

     "He's coming," Cato says. "We need him in the woods, and his job is done here anyway. No one can touch those supplies."

     "But what about Lover Boy?" The boy from District 1 says.

     "I keep telling you, forget about him. I know where I cut him. It's a miracle he hasn't bled to death yet. At any rate, he's in no shape to raid us," Says Cato. "Come on," He says to the boy from Three and thrusts a spear into his hands.

     "When we find her, I kill her in my own way, and no one interferes."

     And I just know he isn't talking about Rue.

     After, all, she didn't drop a wasp nest on his head.

     And they leave.

     I wait and wonder for about a half hour, staring at big pile of supplies.

     And suddenly, from around the bend, Foxface, the girl I forgot about earlier, sprints up to the pack, with quick, small steps. Just before she reaches the circle of supplies, she stops, searches the ground, and carefully places her feet. Then she approaches with strange little hops, sometimes teetering on one foot, and risking a few steps.

     So it must be a booby trap. But how could this be so complex?

     She takes a bunch of food oh so subtly, that no one would notice the food was gone.

     Then she did her weird foot pattern again and disappeared into the trees.

     I suddenly came up with my idea. I give myself three arrows for the job, and get closer.

     The first arrow chips the bag of apples.

     The second widens the tear.

     The third fully rips it open.

     For a second, nothing happens, and then the apples fall to the ground and I am blown backward.

                                 Callie POV:

     Cato is like one of those basic bullies in a high school movie. He'll make fun of you, and push you down and hurt you. But that's only because he's hurt. Like the basic bully, he's got some troubles going around at home, and he's a big punk. And even if that's no excuse for his behavior, he has it hard. Really hard. And I try to be a grown up for him, but I'm twelve. And my non-existent maturity goes only so far.

     Marvel, Cato, Chase and I trek along, following the high smoke trail.

     "Come on! We can't lose her!" Cato shrieks.

     Chase and I linger back, wondering where this journey will take us. And for no reason at all, I have a really bad feeling about it.

     We have no particular direction, except toward the smoke.

     Chase and I have exchanged little words since, well, you know. But we make some small talk.

     Overall, he just kind of looks at me nervously.

     We trekked some more when suddenly, Marvel yelped.

     "There's another!"

     Now this fire was almost on the other side of the arena.

     Cato was looking up in confusion.

     "Wait a minute," he muttered. Then something suddenly came into his mind.

     And that's when the explosion goes off.

     We are knocked to the ground, and it leaves ringing in my ears.

     "HOLY-" Marvel starts.

     "WE GOTTA MOVE!" Cato yells.

     And all of us start to sprint.

     Cato has stronger legs than any of us, so he takes the lead and cuts through trees and bushes at an immense speed.

    When we get to the sight, Chase throws a few stones out, and confirms that all the mines have been set off. Cato is riled, and I can practically see smoke fuming out of his ears.

     I am lingering behind, and Chase is up front with Marvel and Cato.

     My brother angrily starts to kick at random objects, throwing things, just throwing a complete temper tantrum. If it wasn't me that was affected, this might have even been hilarious.

     After a while, Cato stops and does nothing.

     Then he menacingly turns around and starts screaming at Chase. "How could you do this?! I put my trust in you! I fed you, kept you alive, and for what? For you to screw everything up? STUPID, USELESS-"

     "I-I-" Chase stutters, backs away, and then tries to turn around. And only then do I understand the danger the only boy I have ever liked is in. I try to lunge forward to stop it from happening, but Cato grabs Chase in a headlock, and snaps Chase's neck.

     I scream. My legs stop working and I topple to the ground over his dead body. His face is hollow. I throw myself over him and begin to sob.

     Then anger fills inside of me like a burning passion, and I get up to start screaming at Cato.

     "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME? HE'S THE ONLY KID I'VE EVER FELT FOR! You're a monster! You're a monster!" I start to bang on his chest and sob more infuriatingly, but then I stop. And I realize, I don't recognize him. I don't recognize my brother anymore. He has become what his angle is. A monstrous, ruthless, killing machine. What I never wanted him to be.

     Then my legs start to move again, I sprint and sprint and sprint. I had no idea where I was going. Just, away I guess.

     Anywhere but the hollow faced dead body of my lover.

                A/N: Alright, this chapter was short, I know, but it's finished. I know it's kind of weird for a kid to call another kid their lover and stuff, but, I really needed to actually show their passionate love for each other, even if I did not earlier.