To Kill a Katniss

It has been a few days. We have killed quite a few people. Today is the day where we go on a big spree, and take half of our stuff. We will go backpacking and find some other people to kill. But the main goal is Katniss.

     We have been sleeping at the cornucopia, as all the Careers have.

     I have a pack full of water, some food, and some useless sponsor gifts that Brutus gets to taunt us.

I hate that guy.

I'm surprised that Cato has kept Peeta alive for this long.

This time, Peeta was trailing behind, and the others were in front. My super duper short hair was hanging in front of my eyes annoyingly.

Again, Glimmer was trying aimlessly to flirt with my brother.

"Hey Shimmer!" I yelled to her.

"What do you want?" She asked, bitterly.

"You know my brother's got a girl back home. It's not going to work."

"SHUT UP! Stop making up some aimless lies."

My brother didn't say anything.

     I knew why. But I was so pissed off, that I couldn't care less about the family code of conduct toward the Capitol.

     Don't say anything that can lead to Treason.

     Shower the Capitol with love and praise.

     NEVER let them know about personal information they may not have known before. These people or things or info can be used as blackmail.

     Knowing my brother, if he gets out, he will be one of the desired ones. The Capitol will buy for some not so good stuff. Like pleasure. If you know what I mean.

     Now why do I feel like Snow is going to do something to Clove?

There are more family rules, but those are important to the games specifically.

     My brother realized that Peeta is behind, and the. makes sure that Peeta doesn't do any bullshit, so they are now both in the front. But he doesn't realize Peeta has been feeding him bullshit this entire time. And no one will believe me. I can't do anything about it.

     Just to be clear, Cato, Glimmer, and Marvel are all not carrying anything but their weapons. Which means lucky me, Marina, and Peeta, are all carrying their stuff. And what I said about sponsor gifts, well...

     Most of them are pretty useless.

     Glimmer gets things like pillows and makeup. Marvel has a lot of blankets. Cato got 6 rolls. We each had one. We get 6 rolls for every meal. Which means, the past 3 days, we've all only eaten 3 rolls each day. This is probably because we have not done anything great and tremendous. Sure, we've killed quite a few people, but that is normal for any career. Right now, we are just starved and scarred. I assume that until we kill Katniss, this is all the food we are going to get from sponsors. Unless we hunt. But my alliance is just a bunch of pretty people sitting around waiting to be served, so I highly doubt that someone will hunt. I have no idea how to, and I don't have the heart. Sure, I've injured multiple tributes fatally, and may or may not have lied about me killing them. Hey, I said I injured them fatally. Technically, I wasn't lying when I told Glimmer that I "killed" 4 people. They are bound to die soon enough.

And just like that, a cannon goes off.

My alliance is at attention, and very uncertain.

"Who did that?!" My brother questions.