Hunting

They fight. Obviously Cato is winning. He is punching Peeta's face senseless.

     "I know where she is," he groans.

Cato stops.

     "Cato," I say calmly, "why should we believe him? He obviously is trying to save his skin."

     "I need to kill her," He says, dragging the both of them into an upward position.

     "Don't be stupid," I snap, "kill him now, while you still can."

     "She's in the west woods. She told me. If we leave now, we can still catch her," Peeta says.

     Cato's head keeps turning from me to Peeta. Who will he choose to believe? His sister, or lover boy?

     "You better not be bluffing, lover boy," Cato says, "Lead the way."

     My brother does not realize that his pride will drive him to his death. Lover boy Peeta. I can see right through him. But if I go against my alliance, I will be killed. I will keep my mouth shut. For now.

Peeta is in front, and the Careers are trailing behind, talking. I see an opening to talk to Peeta.

"I know what you're doing," I say sternly, doing my best to keep up with him. "You're extremely lucky that Cato believes you. He just wants to kill Katniss. He doesn't see what's going on. But I do. And I would have done the same thing as you. But it's different when you're screwing over my alliance. You better sleep with one eye open, alright Mellark? So will I. I would kill you, but he'd probably kill me for doing so. He needs the satisfaction. I've lived near him long enough to know that."

     "That's a mighty speech there, kid."

     "I'm giving you some advice, dude, watch it," I snapped and fell back with the rest of my group.

     Glimmer was laughing like an ass, trying to flirt with my brother.

     Behind them, was the District 4 girl and Marvel, trying to exist. Sadly, the District 4 boy was slaughtered in the bloodbath.

     "So guys," I said to the both of them, "how's life going for you? Personally, mine is great."

     "Yeah, that's because you haven't done any work," Glimmer snaps, "how many people did you hit? 1?"

     "I killed four people," I say through gritted teeth, "and nobody asked you, you irrelevant bitch."

     "Excuse me? Aren't you a little young to be saying stuff like that, you, you crap face!"

     "Awe, is the ugly pony mad?"

     Then, Glimmer did something so unexpected.

     She took her machete out, grabbed me by the hair, and chopped half of my ponytail off.

     "That'll teach you not to mess with me again," she said in a low voice.

     She had me in a headlock until I writhed my out, and punched her.

     I smiled and said, "I couldn't care less about my hair. Thanks for the haircut though."

     Even though Glimmer is from District One, people really underestimate how strong they are. Even if they are pompous rats, they are still Careers, and know a good headlock.

     My hair was already short. Now it's all falling out of my ponytail.

     I put my hair tie on my wrist, and checked my reflection in the nearest puddle of water.

     Now, my hair barely fell below my ears. The back was a little longer, so it made the whole look seem layered. Even cute.

     So I did my best to tie the backs and let the front part hang loosely in my eyes.

"Where are we going exactly, lover boy?" Cato grumbled.

"The west side of the woods," Peeta says, voice slightly wavering, "don't worry, I know where she is. But it will take some time to get to her. Katniss is fast and slick."

     "Oh, I'm not the one who should be worried, lover boy," Cato almost growled.

We walked. We walked for a long time. How long has it been, 4 hours? My brother is growing impatient. He needs the satisfaction of killing someone.

  Cato abruptly stopped, allowing me to bump into his back.  "Look!" Cato suddenly said, "smoke! And wherever there is smoke there's fire. And fire means--"

     "Tributes. Yes, we know. Lead the way."

     Thank goodness for that.

     We followed him in silence, and sneaked up on the girl.

     We were standing right beside her, but she was looking the other way, and didn't see us.

     When she finally turned, she fell to the ground and scrambled back against a tree.

     "P-please! D-don't kill me!" She shrieked and turned to me. "Please help me!"

     But I just turned away when Cato drove his sword through her body.

     Cato and Peeta were next to each other. Cato was slashing up a path, and Peeta was leading the way.

     We stopped again, and yet again, I bumped into Cato absentmindedly.

     "What's your problem, you little twerp!" He yelled, pushing me away.

     "Sorry," I mumbled.

     "And why isn't there a canon yet? She should be dead by now," Cato said frustrated.

    "I'll go finish her off," Peeta says and walks off.

                                 Katniss POV:
I almost fall out of the tree at the voice I hear. It belongs to Peeta. That traitor! Now I will be able to kill him without disgracing my entire district. I hear a cannon, which probably belongs to the girl that was screaming.

     He comes back, and the boy from District Two, who I believe is Cato, continues to bully the girl.

     "I know, I know, it's okay to be obsessed with me, but you don't have to show it, I already know."

     They all laughed at her.

     "Shut up!" She yelled.

     "Excuse me?"

     "Yeah, you heard me. SHUT UP! I don't need your bitchy attitude and your constant negative pressure."

     Cato took out his sword.

     "You said you liked hair cuts, didn't you?" He chuckled, "what if I did that," he said pointing to her choppy hair, "to your body? You wouldn't like it, would you? It would hurt, you know."

     She just stared at him lividly.

     "Then it's settled," he said, "come on, we have to find her," and with that, they were off.