Chapter 21

I rose from my nest, yawning as my eyes fluttered open to the dawn light. Outside, the sky was pale and clouds heavy with snow started to float in from the north. Three moons had past, far too quickly than they should have past. Its now Leaf-Bare, Bonestar's two kits are a bit shy but are growing up quickly. The thing I saw in the elders' den hasn't been seen since then. I haven't dared to ask anyone nor tell them about it. I just had a bad feeling about it, something was off. Terribly off about it.

        "Your up already Spiderpaw?" Ravenpaw meowed, half yawning as he got up from his nest. I just nodded, a chilly breeze entered the den from the outside. I fluffed up my fur, turning to the mouth of the den.

        "You should know me by now, plus its hard to sleep when its this cold." I replied, curling my shortened tail around me. He chuckled, sitting up to lap at his fur.

        "Right, anyway we should go check up on the nursery I guess, it is pretty cold now." He mewed. I nodded, wanting to get up and do so but I just lied back down in my nest.

        "Sure, right now its just too cold!" I meowed, pointing my tail to the entrance. Ravenpaw nodded.

_______________________________________________

We scaled down the trail, herbs for the kits and queens in the nursery. Peering inside the nursery, I could see Talonkit and Falconkit tackling each other in some sort of kit game. Sorrelkit bounded around the den, her eyes smiled the moment we walked into the den. Shykit and Pinekit- Bonestar's kits- were sleeping together cuddled up in a pile of moss next to the hollow log Owlpelt had once bought for me here. Turning to my right, Froststorm was lying next to Mossspots in the back of the nursery watching the kits. Mossspots didn't have any kits of her own that needed to be taken care of- Fishpaw is now a fully grown warrior, Fishfur, and she isn't expecting any kits- she was just there to help Froststorm control the newer kits.

"Why hello there Spiderpaw and Ravenpaw! What brings you here?" Mossspots purred, her blue-grey ear flicking. Ravenpaw dipped his head, meanwhile I leaned to the mossy ground to place the bundle of herbs down. Staggering back to my paws, I limped over to Froststorm as they chatted.

"Just here to check up on the others-" Ravenpaw mewed, he was then tackled to the ground and the air was pummeled out of him. I spun around, only to see Sorrelkit playfully tackling him, her brothers not far behind who were also chasing after her. Mossspots stifled a laugh.

"Got ya!" Sorrelkit mewed, leaping off the med cat apprentice. I turned to help him up, staring down at the playful kits as the lunged around the den.

"What was that for?" He mumbled, lapping at his white paw and then running it across his left ear.

"For fun of course!" Talonkit laughed, lunging at Ravenpaw. I chuckled, watching as they chased him around the den. Odd how such little cute kits like that can upset others.

"Spiderpaw, weren't you going to ask me if I needed anything? If so, I'm perfectly fine. Please leave this den," Froststorm murmured, her silver whiskers swayed was she spoke. I dipped my head without a word, picked up the herbs, and limped over to Ravenpaw who was now shaking off the kits who had tackled him.

"Come on, lets go, Froststorm wants us to get out of here," I mewed, nudging Ravenpaw to his feet.

"Aww! Your leaving? Can I come with you? I want to be a med cat too! I even know some herbs!" Sorrelkit sighed, the leaped to her paws, staring up at us with her large, pale green eyes. Before I could answer, Ravenpaw shook his head. The she-kit sat down on the stone part of the ground, her ears flattened against the back of her head.

"Sorry, but we need to go, see you later Sorrelkit. Come along now Spiderpaw, before Nightstar gets here and really kicks us out of the den." Ravenpaw sighed, signaling me with his tail to follow him. I nodded, wobbling out of the den, my branch leg lagging behind. 

"I'll go check up on the elders, you can get us a bit of something to eat," I purred, turning towards the den. Ravenpaw nodded, and in a heartbeat he leaped away. For a cat who Bonestar says has a wounded leg from the wolf attack, he seems pretty healthy. I limped to the elder's den, my heart beating of terror from what I had seen from my last visit there. Ravenpaw has been doing all the checkups on the elders for the last three moons, I've just been too scared to go back there. Until now. I can tell something is going on there, something I just cannot explain. "Here goes nothing."

I ducked into the elder's den, a soft breeze coming from the back of the den through a tiny hole. A hole so small and precise that not even a mouse could have dug it, no bug with such talent to dig it either. The floor was cold, the small stream that had water  in it during NewLeaf has now frozen. Vines now had frost on it, the bedding here seemed dull too. I peered into the den more, looking around each turn and bend. Only one elder lied in the den. In a pool of a red substance coming from its mouth.

*;_; my apologizes for this being so short and for making anyone who reads this wait so long, hopefully you see this. Just needed to get this chapter finally done with, get on with the next chapter that is going to be the last for this part of the book, I'll explain more later. And on a side note for anything who was in this roleplay - which seems like so far away now- sorry for any details I may have mixed up -.-' Like me saying Nighstar had amber eyes, and a few other things *_*' like family trees and apprentices, then again it was a massive rolepay .-.' Also, jus incase your wondering bunneh, I have been super busy and not active. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy!*

*:D HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY~

x3 No, no this isn't the full chapter. C: This will be updated later on, soon (I hope.) -Dark*