Part 2 Prologue

Several moons have past since the day cats started joining the clan. There were too many in the clan now if you asked me! Cats lounging around every corner, kits and apprentices chasing each other, prey being fought over left and right.  Us medicine cats were unaffected by this as we were granted prey by Bonestar. Or rather Ravenswoop was and he shared it with me and that apprentice.
Today, Bonestar and Nightstar would have a clan meeting to discuss what had to be done.
     "Spiderfang," A voice purred behind me. Oh, that's right, I suppose that is my name now after all. I had gone to the moon pool on the half moon just three moons ago to get it. Some older cats-- older than any cat I recognized, said the fang suited me for my warrior spirit. Perhaps I would have made a good warrior after all. Maybe I'd be a bit slimmer too if I walked around more and didn't have such a handicap! Gee thanks StarClan for reminding me what I can never be.
    "Spiderfang, come on," the voice repeated. It was Ravenswoop, Sorrelpaw at his side. What's she doing next to him? "The meeting is about to start, I'll give you the head start and race you if you want." He's been happier than ever with all the new cats around camp though. Maybe they made him feel like he was useful, that they relied on him and cared for him.
    Which they didn't, I'm sure there are many other cats who know how to heal and treat cats and he knew that too. Maybe some of them knowing more than the three of us combined due to our rough apprenticeship. Perhaps it was the illusion of it all of hope that gave him a purpose.
    "Hey!" Sorrelpaw sounded, pawing at my side. I keep forgetting that I can get lost in my thoughts. "Hurry up Spider-queen! Or else Ravenswoop will beat you there first!" I wasn't very fond of that name Spider-queen. She liked to poke fun at me for my collection of living spiders roaming the den as if they were my kits by calling me that.
"Oh alright, I'll get there don't get your tail in a twist!" I called after them, watching Sorrelpaw dart out the den, her ginger tail swaying. I picked myself up and followed after her, lagging behind as usual.
The clearing was crowded with cats, the two black-coated leaders sat on top with their deputies by their sides. Ravenswoop then appeared next to Bonestar? It was hard to tell from such a distance, but as I made my way there I was correct. Nightstar flashed Bonestar some regretful and anger driven glances. Whatever had happened to them over moons mustn't have been pretty.
"You finally made it," Ravenswoop whispered.
"Yea, sorry about that," I replied," what's going on here anyway?"
"I heard Nightstar was planning on taking part of the clan as his own and leaving," he mewed back.
"Leaving the clan? I.. I don't know how I should feel about this," I answered back. If he did leave the Clan, would he be an ally or a foe?
"I don't know either, but I have a bad feeling about this," Ravenswoop leaned on my shoulder, lapping at my ear for reassurance. "Whatever does happen will be very serious."
"Hey what's going on?" Sorrelpaw asked, ducking her head in between us. It was incredibly annoying when she got like this.

"Everyone!" Bonestar's voice boomed, loud enough to get everyone's attention. Sorrelpaw stopped and sat up. "Nightstar has a very important message he'd like to tell you all! Go on now," the black she-cat hissed.
"I, Nightstar, am going to create my own Clan. ThornClan, it shall be called. Those of you know know of this already shall be joining me."
The crowd erupted in commotion.
"What? What about my family?"
"Where will we go?"
"Why?"
"Silence!" Bonestar spat. Silentpaw, a paralyzed apprentice, glanced up at her mother. She wasn't talking to her thought and looked away in embarrassment.
"Everyone, follow me! ThornClan shall be the strongest clan there ever was! There will be prey for all and no one will go hungry!" Nightstar claimed.
Part of me saw this as a good thing. Less cats in one area the more prey would return and the less mouths to feed. But what would Nightstar do with all those cats?
A large part of the crowd followed Nightstar and Skullclaw-- who seemed to be dubbed Deputy as Flaresplash was left behind. OblivionClan was left half empty, still more cats than we could care for with mostly young cats and kits. Nightstar taking those cats didn't fix the over population problem, but rather he was taking most of the cats away with actual training!
"Spiderfang," Ravenswoop glanced at me, his eyes full of fear and voice in pain. He said my name as if it was the only thing he was truly concern about. What would be the outcome of this new Clan?
                *~*~*~*

Later that night, while dreaming I found myself in a dark void once more. These dreams were rather mystifying and bizarre as they were I realized that they told of the future it seemed. They had warned me before of Rainpelt's death and now-- The thorn! The thorn from all those moons ago was about ThornClan!
      "You seem to be the jealous type. Good. Use that to do the impossible," a voice cooed, its origin unknown.
      "Why do you keep showing up here? What does that mean?!" I hissed, looking about in vain to see anything at all. The voice didn't reply back.
     In the distance, through a slither of light pouring in from the endless ceiling was the outline of kits, huddling together in water nearly up to their faces. They then began to drown! I was urged to try and help them, but I could not move and watched them expire.

     "Hey! Hey Spider-queen wake up!" A nagging meow in my ear. I jumped awake, knocking the small she-cat over. It was Sorrelpaw, she dropped a bundle of dock and tansy onto the ground.
     "Oh, sorry about that!" I quickly gasped,  watching as she swiftly gathered up all the herbs before I could even react. She was in a much better condition than I was.
    "That's alright! I got up early today to gather some herbs for you!" She purred, rattling the herbs clamped in her mouth.
     I sighed,"Sorrelpaw you are supposed to gather herbs later when they aren't wet. That's how they end up rotting."
     "Aww, but can we still use them anyway?"
    "No, no we cannot use them unless it's today. Now go leave those outside so the sun can dry them."
    "Don't cha' mean leaf those outside?" Sorrelpaw giggled.
     "No."
      Her expression faded away, looking slightly defeat until she ducked out of the den and then returned with two mice. "Here you go, instead then I got you some prey! I got it myself!"
      With a now overused sigh, I accepted the mice. In an instant, I spat it out. Maggots were crawling in them.
     "Bluh! What was that?" I spat, looking up at Sorrelpaw. She looked like she was trying her best not to laugh with a you deserve that look to her.

     Once again, despite the drastic changes to the Clan Sorrelpaw seemed unchanged with her hyper, goofball ways. But this was only the start to something that would leave a nasty scar on the Clan.