Chapter 9

I opened my eyes. Where was I? I must be dreaming, everything is so dark here. All of a sudden, I felt a sharp pain where my right leg once was and where part of my tail had been cut off. I glanced back, fresh wounds surrounded my leg and blood streamed out.

This had to be a dream. I'm not mouse-brained. "Hello? Who is here?!" I yowled through my raspy pain-filled voice. Huh? What was wrong with me, why did I sound like that? Then, I fell down, my left leg couldn't help me stand any more.

I forced myself up, but fell once again and decided to just sit there. The pain just kept growing, as if I was getting hit by the monster over, and over, and over again. "Is anyone here?!" I cried, franticly scanning the darkness.

I could see nothing. Everything was just a dark void, a red haze, empty. 'Darkness will only leave Night's shadows and thorns to scar them all.' rang in my head, as if that cat, that light, was repeating it over and over again.

"Show yourself!" I yowled once again in a frail voice. I turned my head towards the voice, there I could see Bonestar, Nightstorm, Ravenpaw, Frostpebble, and Lightpaw. "Hey! Help me! Over here!" I hissed.

Nightstorm suddenly disappeared, only leaving a shadow that seemed to go on forever. Within the shadow was Skullkit, Icykit, and Froststorm. Then, Lightpaw's eyes flashed from her normal deep blue eyes, to bright green ones. What was going on?

Lightpaw looked like the cat, that light, I had seen in my dream moons ago. Was she going to be the light that disappears? The others stayed the same. The pain in my leg just grew, I fell down from where I was sitting and gave into the dizziness. 'Beware, beware.' I heard.

"Spiderpaw! Spiderpaw get up!" Ravenpaw mewed, pawing at my ear. Yep, just a crazy dream. This was going to happen a lot now that I'm the med cat apprentice I guess. I got up from my nest, Greenleaf's warmth was burning up the den.

"Good your awake, I'm going to teach you a few things Nightstorm taught me yesterday, then we can go check up on the elder and kits," He purred, turning around to lap up some moss water. I stretched and yawned, wobbling towards him with my branch leg. "Why is it so hot today... yesterday it was pouring..." I mumbled, still tired.

"Who knows, anyway this here is a raspberry leaf, he doesn't remember what it does but its helpful with queens is what he said." Ravenpaw meowed, poking at a dark, dull green broad leaf with jagged edges. "Ok, and Frostpebble told me that this is burdock, so that flower thing from yesterday might be borage." I mewed, pawing the tall stemmed plant with a thick root, specks of dirt still dangled from its tan roots like a cat on a cliff handing on for dear life.

"Ok, this is a cobnut it can help sore joints and this is a juniper berry. This berry isn't ripe though, he said it would look different if it was." The dark apprentice purred, pointing towards the cobnuts and the ragged dark berry. That berry doesn't look safe to eat, I'm pretty sure that berry is older than me even. I just nodded at him, watching as he shuffled over a pile of faded flowers with a strong scent.

"And this is tansy, it helps with coughs and when ripe and fresh it can mask out scents!" Ravenpaw mewed sniffing the flower. "Ok, but did he tell you where we can find any of this if we run out?" I questioned, wondering if Nightstorm even thought of that. Ravenpaw shook his head, of course.

"All cats old enough to catch their own prey meet around the bold stones for a clan meeting! I repeat, all cats old enough to catch their own prey meet around the bold stones for a clan meeting!" Bonestar shrieked.

"Another clan meeting?"

"What is it this time?"

"Whats the point in us walking over there if we can hear her just fine from where we are..." some cats murmured.