3

Miranda got ready for the hospital's fundraiser party that was down town on a nice and huge Yacht, she thought Michael was coming but he had to work an on call shift tonight leaving her to just hang with her co-workers, which was fine, they were her family.

Miranda wore her hair in an up do with a bang. She decided on a black glitter ruffle hem split thigh corset party dress. She thought it was cute in the store and it looked even better on her body. Miranda slid on her silver heels and grabbed her clutch ready to meet Callie at her car. They were going to drive over together.
"Hey Torres." Miranda said opening the car door.

"Hey, Bailey...Bailey."

"What?" Miranda questioned.

"You look good. You picked out this dress?"

"Yeah, why?"

"It's just it looks good."

"So I can't pick out sexy yet professional clothes?" Miranda questioned offended.

"Of course not, I normally just have to talk you into to wearing them." Callie stammered.

"Oh okay." Miranda replied as Callie drove.

"So how's Michael going?"

"It's good, great actually. He's so sweet and caring and I grew to love him. " Miranda answered.

"Have you all had sex yet?" Callie asked.

"Yes" Miranda answered simply.

"And..?

"Oh it's good. Better than Tucker ever was. I actually can count on getting an orgasm. It's fun and energetic. I like it. I'm never not satisfied." Miranda answered.

" that's good I'm glad because you know you were so hooked on his friend." Callie mentioned.

"Yeah." Sputtered Miranda.

"What is it that you're not telling me?"

"Nothing." Miranda responded quickly.

"Bailey....Miranda."

"Okay, I still think about him and I don't know why. At first I wasn't at all and then Michael invited him over for dinner because he came into town and then at dinner I accidentally hit his leg with my foot and I apologized but then he hit mine back and next thing you know we are playing under the table with our feet. I thought I wasn't going to see him for a while but then he told us that he got a job at mercy west and would be moving back and that was a couple of weeks ago. So he's here and I have been thinking about him since dinner." Miranda burst palming her forehead.

"Bailey what is it with you and this guy?"

"I wish I knew. " Miranda mumbled.

" what does he even look like?" Callie questioned.

"He's so handsome and sexy and fine and cute and

"Bailey, you got it bad. What about Michael."

"Nothing, I'm not leaving him. I don't have a relationship with his friend. I think he is just eye candy. I'm not going to mess up my relationship with Michael. "

"Good." Callie said and Miranda nodded.

They arrived there shortly after and Callie gave her keys to the valet. The two walked inside and Miranda looked around for the people she knew.

"Bailey." Richard called out and Miranda smiled seeing Derek, Mark and Arizona already sitting together.
Miranda walked over to them and smiled "Hey." She greeted.

"You look beautiful." Derek said and the others agreed.

"Thank you all. So what are we drinking?" Miranda questioned.

She took a mental note of every order and walked to the bar.

"Bartender, can I get a regular coke, a Jack and coke, a strawberry daiquiri, a lime margarita with sugar around the rim, a whiskey sour and a glass of bourbon on the rocks." Miranda ordered.

"What you plan on not remembering tonight." A deep chuckle made her look over. Miranda's eyes widen at Ben.

"Benjamin." She whispered.

"You know you can just call me Ben...why so many drinks?"

"Because Benjamin I actually have friends." Miranda replied checking him out in his nice black suit and black tie. Dam he was fine as hell.

Ben peeped Miranda when she first walked across the room to the bar. Still to this day she was the most gorgeous woman he had ever seen. the two found each other staring like all the other times before and intently.

"Here you go ma'am." The bartender said with a tray of drinks. Miranda reached into her clutch to pull out her money but Ben was quicker.

"Benjamin I got it. First round was on me." Miranda said grabbing his hand to stop him but the man took the 50 dollars from Ben anyway.

"Which one is yours?" Ben asked ignoring her.

"The bourbon." She answered with inquisitive eyes.

Ben picked up her glass and began to sip it. "I would have never pegged you for a whiskey drinker."

Ben said softly moving the glass to her mouth. Miranda took a sip of her drink and then responded. "So what would you have thought. Since you think about me."

"I thought you would have had the daiquiri but it makes sense now after hearing about your personality from Michael. Bourbon fist you."

"Oh really." Miranda asked watching him sip her drink as she raised her eyebrow for more.

"Yeah, whiskey drinkers are not the one to play with. most whiskey drinkers are serious people. They’re most likely to be caught in either a deep conversation or sitting alone in a dark corner. They tend to be quiet observers and prefer it that way. But just give them some time; like the whiskey they’re drinking, they need to age a little bit before their true form comes out. If you get them started then before long, you won’t be able to shut them up, and you’ll wish you never lured them out of their dark, lifeless corner. That group can also be great for direct advice when you need it. They aren’t afraid to call it how they see it, especially if they already sipped some whiskey. And expect them to know their limit and when to call it quits; like I said, you don’t play with whiskey."

Miranda twisted her lip thinking, taking her drink from him. " So you are saying that I'm boring and dull but once you open me up you'll regret it because it won't stop." Miranda joked throwing the rest of her drink back.

"Can I have another bourbon?" Miranda asked the bartender.

"Sorta and believe me, if I opened you up we wouldn't stop and I dam sure wouldn't regret it." Ben stated licking his lips.

"I have a great feeling that we aren't taking about conversations anymore." Miranda noted.

"What I said can mean however you want it to." Ben replied suggestively taking the drink the barter just handed Miranda and sipped it again.

"I need to get my friends their drinks." Miranda quivered.

"I thought so." Ben teased and Miranda turned back around.

"I thought so? Care to tell me what that means....you know what I'll be back, this conversation isn't over." Miranda informed him as she walked off.

"Finally what took so long?" Richard asked.

"The Doctor over there at the bar was asking me about my Domino Surgery from a while ago. I was telling him and I still need to go back over and finish the conversation. You guys enjoy the drinks. I'll be back in a little while." Miranda told them casually walking back across the room to the bar.

"Now what was that Benjamin?" Miranda sassed.

"You're so dam beautiful." Ben admitted.

Miranda gasped shocked "Thank you." She eventually got out.

"Now that I got that out the way. I was saying that. Like whiskey drinkers. You're serious and -"

"I'm serious because I take my life and job serious. I'm a surgeon for God sakes." Miranda interjected. "My job is life and death."

"And you think mines isn't either." Ben replied.

"Well yeah,

"Okay then Ms. Bailey. The dance floor is on the next floor of the Yacht. Come with me."

"Benjamin." Miranda stared.

"Are you going to insist on calling me Benjamin."

"Yes because I like the way it rolls of my tongue. It's your full name and I like it." Miranda replied and Ben nodded with a smile as his hand was extended for hers. Miranda looked at her co workers across the room and they were deep in conversation. No one not paying attention to them.

Miranda placed her hand in his and she couldn't ignore the tingle that shot through her body and course down her spine. It was exhilarating and that was just from a touch. Holding her glass of bourbon she allowed him to lead her up stairs where the music became louder and it was also dimmer with a purple glow because of the party lights.

Miranda sipped her drink and Ben slid it out of her hand and drunk the rest handing the glass to a waiter close bye. "Come on let me see what you got." Ben teased as he lead her through the crowd and to the dance floor. Clearly this floor was for all the wild coworker at the hospital. Everyone was dressed elegantly but ultimately dancing like they were loosing their minds.

Miranda felt Ben pull her in close and she almost wanted to moan from the contact. "This should be deemed as inappropriate." Miranda yelled over the loud music as she moved to the beat of the music with him.

"And why is that?" Ben asked leaning closer to her ear. Miranda looked him in the face an purposefully rolled her eyes. "Like you don't know." She said back loudly.

"You're right, I'm normally not like this at all Miranda. I promise you that. I'm an honest and very loyal man but ever since that night we've met, I've wanted you and I don't know what to do because man you're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. I didn't expect him to walk over there and ask for your number. I was going to do that. I think about you all day long and I just wish he wasn't my best friend and you wasn't with a man in general. I don't know what to do." Ben explained leaning by her ear.

"Did it ever occur to you to just do nothing and accept what you can't have." Miranda asked and Ben leaned back to look her in the eyes and he realized that she was right he shouldn't be doing this.

"You're right Miranda. I'm sorry to have bothered you and crossed the line. You have a great evening." Ben said backing away from her.

"Benjamin...wait" Miranda called out but he was already walking off of the dance floor so she knew he would never hear her over this music.