4

Miranda tried to catch up to him but his dam long legs made it impossible. Her one step was three to him.

Miranda walked down the stairs quickly and she looked around but he was no where to be seen at all.

Miranda kept moving until she was walking to the exit. She looked around outside and walked down the ramp walking to the valet in the parking lot.

"Excuse me Ms. did you see a guy in a black suit, black tie. He probably had an upset expression on his face?" Miranda questioned.

"Yes, I offered to go get his car for him but he told me that he wanted to walk and would get it himself. So I just handed him his keys. He's probably still here because I don't know how far his car was parked." She answered and Miranda nodded walking to all the parked cars.

"Ben." Miranda called out looking around.

She spotted the back of him opening his car door across the parking lot.

"Wait Ben please don't go." Miranda yelled and she watched as he paused and turned. Miranda walked over as quickly as her heels would allow.

"Dam look what you got me doing. It's hard to walk on all these stones." Miranda said frustrated.

"I never asked you to follow me." Ben retorted and Miranda rolled her eyes.

Miranda reached him and stood directly in front of him. "I wasn't trying to make you seem like a bad guy when I said accept what you can't have. I think I was more so saying it for the both of us...if I'm honest. Ever since that night you caught me from falling. You were all I thought about. I just could not get you off my mind and I don't know why it was like that. I have bumped into people before but it wasn't like this...us. This feeling that I received from our touch...it, it was um intoxicating and the statement I made to just do nothing seems almost impossible because I wanted to explore that feeling we got, I wanted to discover other feelings and I'm trying to not think about it because I'm with Michael and he's so nice and kind and this would be wrong. Ben we would be wrong and I could just say I would leave him to explore...this" Miranda said waving her hand between them.

"But I don't want to crush his heart." Miranda added, explaining.

"And even if you did break up with him. It still would be wrong for us to ever be together because he's my best friend." Ben added.

"That night Miranda, you were so captivating and beautiful and sexy and I knew that you were the woman of my dreams and literally you have been ever since and even now it's still the same. You are still beautiful, captivating and oh so sexy." Ben mumbled and Miranda bit her lip and shifted her weight from one foot to the other.

"I'm sorry that I didn't get to you first." Ben apologized sadly as he reached out to touch her face and Miranda leaned into his palm.

"Me too."

"Miranda... can I?" Ben asked looking down at her lips.

"Just once." Miranda replied looking up at his seemingly soft lips.

"No more, no less." Ben responded pulling her close into his arms. Miranda breathed hitched as he cupped her face and tilted her head as he leaned down and brushed his lips against hers. The kiss was gentle and warming, just like the rest of him, and while he followed her lead, nothing about the way he kissed her was hesitant. The assurance he exudes in the kiss was enough to make her toes curl.

Miranda's hands slid from Ben's cheek to the back of his neck, she deepened the kiss, If he's at all surprised, he recovered quickly, his tongue dancing with hers, she could taste the hint of alcohol, they both consumed as his arms tighten around her waist, pulling her closer, turning her to face him fully as both of her arms slid above his shoulders.