Chapter 66

*I missed you guys 🥺*.

It had been almost two weeks and Payton still hadn't came back home. August was miserable without her. Shawn decided he wanted to stay in New York with his mom for the rest of the school year and summer.

Although Payton didn't sign the adoption papers, she still had temporary custody over him. Payton decided she would accept those changes. Michelle was still his mom although she did bad things. She was a great mother to Shawn and Payton decided she would let him still.

Payton would get Adam on Saturday and bring him back Wednesday afternoon. Not only that he hadn't seen her because she would drop Adam of with August mom instead of him. August couldn't lie, he missed her.

He was now sitting on the couch listening to his music for his album. He was almost done with it. Adam was with Payton for the day and he was relaxing. His phone rung interrupting his music.

"Yea bro" he answer Pierre call.

"Where Payton" Pierre asked getting straight to the point.

"I don't know, why" he asked and Pierre sigh.

"Bro y'all move out her old spot our something" he asked August.

"Yea we moved out almost a month ago" August said and Pierre smacked his teeth.

"That damn Payton... send me the address bro" Pierre said hanging up and August sent him the address.

August got up and turned on the PlayStation. Within 15 minutes Pierre pulled up. He let him in passing him the blunt as soon as he walked in.

"preciate it bro" Pierre said as he dapped him up.

"No problem" August said as he sat down on the couch.

"Where my nephew at" he asked and August grabbed his controller.

"With Payton" August told him as he passed the blunt back.

"Where she at" Pierre asked and Pierre grabbed his controller.

"She taking a break from me right now" August told him as they chose teams on 2k.

"Damn... i call her like every day and she tell me she got Adam or she busy or she just don't answer. She ain't been to a family meeting all week months, it's like she went ghost on us all over again" Pierre told him as the game started.

"I feel you, she don't even drop Adam off over here, she drop him off with Yoni because I got her to keep him on Wednesday's cause I be at the studio" August said and Pierre shook his head.

"Y'all broke up" Pierre asked and August passed him the blunt back.

"No... just separated" August told him and he wasn't sure if that was true hisself but that's what he was going with.

"I gotta see her man... this ain't like her but then again you think about it she tired bro." Pierre said as he exhale the blunt.

August didn't respond. He felt guilty.

By 12, Pierre left and August was asleep on the couch. Payton was going over to get more clothes and shoes. She wouldn't call herself moving out she just needed space from everybody, including August. She didn't care how long it took, she was determined to find her peace.

"I hope he's sleep" Payton said to herself as she got out.

She asked August to change the locks back and he did. So she unlocked the door and she seen August asleep on the couch. Carefully she closed the door and walked to the room they shared. She walked in the big closet to see August hadn't moved anything of her's everything was still the same.