Chapter 73

*love you guys, hope you guys are safe & well.*

Payton and August was sitting on the couch eating. She made some collard greens, Mac n Cheesd, ribs, corn bread and a homemade sweet potato pie for desert. August was on his second plate already.

"Yo P this kid is wild man" he said as he noticed Adam was eating more of his food than him.

"I was eating a bag of Cheetos and he snatched it out my hand" Payton told him about earlier.

Adam was old enough to try food. He was a teething baby with four teeth and ready to bit into everything.

"Mama" Adam clapped his hand as he ate cornbread.

"Yea your momma made it" August laughed with him as he gave him so more off his spoon.

"Mama" he smiled at Payton and she smiled back at him.

"He love his mama" August smiled at her.

"August he bout to bite you" Payton told him as she seen Adam was bout to bite his arm.

"Watch out" August laughed at him as he continued to try to bite him.

Adam crawled to Payton and gripping her shirt to stand up. He was out of breath as he opened his mouth for food. Payton laughed before giving him a piece of corn bread. He helped her finished her plate while they all sat on the couch watching tv.

Once she finished, Adam laid hisself on Payton chest and went to sleep within minutes.

"P let me ask you something." August said as they watched the movie.

"Do I have to get up" she asked him and he chuckled.

"No P, I wanted to ask you about Shawn, why you go so hard for this kid and you not even related to him. " He asked her and she sigh.

"Pookie." she told him and he just looked at her.

"What about em" he asked and she shrugged.

"August when I was in middle school, I was homeless. So Pookie used to come over my grandma house and sleep in the driveway so I wouldn't be out there by myself. Bring me food and walked me back and forth to school, he was my bestfriend." Payton explained to him.

"Pookie didn't play about me, he used to beat anybody that said my name wrong up no problem, he was my boy but one night he flipped out" she shook her head as she thought about.

"He came to my grandma driveway and he cried to me and told me that he had been going crazy out of no where, he beat up his little brother to the point that he was about to die." Payton explained as she shook her head.

"so I asked him was he doing hard drugs and he told me no but he had to because he was acting crazy until one day he walked in the kitchen and seen his aunt putting crack in his food, she told him she did so she could get a check for him since the adoption program wasn't paying enough." Payton told him and he was shock.

"Damn" he said sigh deeply.

"I take of Shawn like he's my kid because I know his pops wants to but he can't because somebody laced him and scarred him for life. I go hard for Shawn because his dad went hard for me before he went crazy." Payton told him truthfully.

"I respect you for that."  He told her and she smiled at him before her phone rung.

"Yea Michelle" Payton answered.

"Payton listen, Shawn has a school meeting tomorrow and I have to go to the doctor so can you fly out and go for me" she asked and Payton sigh.

"What time is it" Payton asked her and August looked at her.