026

um.... surprise?

twenty—six

"E-Excuse me?"

Jeno turned around, not having the soft smile he usually has because of the previous events that just happened. Instead, the girl was met with a glare—enough to make her freeze on her spot and visibly shake under his gaze. "N-Nevermind."

With that, the girl ran off, not even bothered to give the letter she had along with a box of chocolates in hand. Jaemin noticed and immediately knew she was about to confess. However, she just happen confess at the wrong time.

Jaemin wasn't bothered at all, he knew Jeno had his eyes set on someone.

He also wanted to call him off to calm down, but he was as enraged as him to even find a reason to be calm. The male looked around briefly before making his way to Jeno, lightly setting a warm aura on his fingers before sliding his hand down on the older's, interlacing their fingers and shoving it on his pocket. The blonde shot a look in Jaemin's direction who seemed to focus on other things than their fingers interlocked and hidden on his coat pocket.

He felt at ease, knowing that it was Jaemin's doing as he heaved a distressed sigh. "Hyuck, where did Mark hyung head to?"

"No idea." Donghyuck shrugged, fiddling with the pen around his fingers as he leaned on the wall.

It was break time and the five of them were just hanging around the hallways of their building, finding ways to forget about a certain chinese as they knew Mark will do something about it. Though it wasn't helping a bit, they're fucking worried.

Chenle gazed at his watch, inwardly pouting that he didn't ask for the same watch their father gave Mark (the one with a tracker), and just stared at the long hand move one place from the number eleven, signifying that there's four minutes left till break time ends. "You know," The orange-haired started, knowing very well that Mark is scary when they don't listen to him—but then again, they're equally worried, aren't they? "There's always an option to skip classes and help hyung."

"The last time that happened, Hyuck didn't get to talk to Renjun for days." Jisung deadpanned.

"Please," Chenle giggled eerily, making his hyungs stare at him weirdly as they knew he has different plans when he's laughing like that. "He won't do anything if we get there first and get Renjun back. Besides, it's just Choi Soobin and his friends, right?"

"Lele, it's not just Choi Soobin, it's THE Choi Soobin." Jaemin emphasized, rubbing his thumb against Jeno's hand as he released more energy that calms the latter down as he felt him tense up again.

"Your point is?"

"Soobin's parents are one of the well-respected vampires—they're one of the powerful vampires not only in the vampire hierarchy but in terms of magic." Jeno explained. Only by thinking about it, he doesn't know what to do once Soobin's parents caught one of the Jung's messing with their son.

"To make it easier to understand, only the vampires that were of royalty before Neo City became democratic can take Soobin's family down." Jisung added.

"Even if we asked dad to help us, it won't be of use. After all, he's just a millionaire who grew recognition because of his outstanding projects for the city." Hyuck finished.

Chenle may not know anything about the Choi's, but that doesn't mean he's not observing them from afar ever since that incident where that Yeonjun dude dragged Renjun out of nowhere.

"Alright then," Chenle said after a few seconds of silence, seeing that there's less than a minute before the bell rings and classes start. "But have you heard something isn't right inside their family?"