018

eighteen

"There's gotta be something that called them. We were so close to getting him." The male said, banging his hands on the windowsill as it created a huge dent.

Another person in the room rolled his eyes, "There's no use being angry. I mean, they also warned us to mess with them first before taking him, right?"

The male gritted his teeth as debris fell on his palm, crushing it with his bare hands. He took a deep breath and took steps backward, away from the broken window. The older was somewhat right, they had to go through them first before actually taking the boy.

"Hyung, I don't like your expression."

"Shut up, Kai, you never liked any of his expressions."

The youngest pursed his lips in a thin line, "Fair point."

"How come you two targeted that new human kid?" Another voice echoed in the room, resulting in the oldest and the second oldest among the five of them to smirk. "And now I don't like your faces."

"Simple, Kang." The second oldest sat down on a chair, leaning his chin on the palm of his hand as he stared at the younger. "He's different. I'm sure the six of them also realized that."

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

Mark uttered a soft 'come in' as he heard knocks on his door, flipping the pages of the book that he is reading as the door opened - seeing a butler bow at him from his peripheral vision.

"Young master, you have a guest." The butler said as soon as he stood upright once again.

"Let them in," Mark replied, not tearing his eyes off of the book he was reading.

The butler bowed once again and went out of the room, not forgetting to close the door behind him. Moments after, the door opened once again as Mark looked up to see two familiar family friends. He closed the book and smiled at them, standing up from his seat to greet them in a hug.

"Sungchan, Shotaro!"

The two giggled at his actions - it's as if he wasn't the intimidating and mature one once they came to visit.

"Come sit," Mark pointed at the couch he was sitting on a while ago before sitting on the one-person couch. "What brings you two here?"

"Oh, you know, hyung. Just visiting because we're.. Bored." Sungchan replied, chuckling after. "Where are the others?"

Mark shrugged and giggled, "Doing their own thing."

"As usual." Shotaro chuckled.

The three continued to laugh around and catch up on things for a while. Sungchan and Shotaro are both family friends. They were there when Jaemin was adopted, they were there when Jeno came to the family, as well as Chenle and Donghyuck - but they left when Jisung was added. Though they got to meet the youngest when they visited Mark about twenty years ago. And that was also their last visit.

"So what happened to you two? I know you didn't come here to visit me and I know there's some news up on your sleeves." Mark gave them a suspicious and teasing look, to which Sungchan and Shotaro looked at each other before sighing.

The older among the two took off one of his gloves - which Mark failed to notice he was wearing one - and showed a ring on his finger. The oldest's expression dropped, his lips slowly tugging in a smile as he can't believe the news.

"You're engaged!?"

Shotaro nodded, "It doesn't look like we are, right?"

By now, Mark still can't believe it as his hands are still covering his mouth in shock. "Yeah." They are the definition of childhood friends to lovers. "Woah, I'm still in shock."

"You got the same expression as Ten hyung." Sungchan shrugged.

"I- I mean, who wouldn't? You two would bicker almost all the time when we were kids and like - oh my god I can't believe it." The japanese chuckled at Mark's reaction.

In the middle of their small talk, a knock was heard on the door, catching the three's attention. They all turned at the door as it opened, revealing Jisung.

"Mark hyung-" The newcomer pursed his lips in a thin line after seeing two familiar faces. He wasn't close with them, but he still considered them as his family friends. "Oh, hello, hyungs."

"Hello!" Sungchan greeted back, failing to notice his lover suddenly having headaches.

Jisung gave them a small smile before turning back to Mark, "Hyung, Renjun and I are going to the lake. Would you allow us?"

The oldest frowned, "Why's that so?"

"No special occasion. He just asked me that he wanted to see the lake in the day time." The pink haired male shrugged, hoping he gets his excuse.

Mark raised a brow, "Are you sure he wants to see it or you just asked him to come with you?"

Jisung was about to protest and lie even more when the tallest in the room joined their conversation, "Mark hyung, let him be."

Mark looked at Sungchan who was smiling, about to tell him about Renjun when Jisung immediately smiled and thanked the two of them before closing the door and running off. The oldest rolled his eyes and facepalmed.

"Great.."

Sungchan just kept on a smile before looking at the now stressed-looking Mark. "By the way, who's Renjun?"

Just when Mark is about to answer, the two heard a gasp as Shotaro fell to the ground, clutching his head as pictures of people and events came flashing on his head. Sungchan hastily kneeled and wrapped his hands around his lover's shoulder, eyebrows furrowing as the japanese closed his eyes shut.

"Taro, are you okay?" Mark also kneeled in front of the japanese, worry painted on his face.

A few seconds passed, Shotaro calmed down, resting his head on Sungchan's shoulder as he started to visualize the pictures he saw in his head.

Shotaro took deep breaths and opened his eyes, "W-Whoever Renjun is, make sure to stay with him always."

Mark was rather confused, did Shotaro see something in the future?

─── ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ───