016

sixteen

"W-Who was that?" Renjun asked the moment Chenle put him down on the ground. They were back at the garden and the human is obviously exhausted but the person that they encountered back at the graveyard was making his curiosity rise.

The vampire with him sighed and took the jacket on the ground, dusting it off before placing it around Renjun's shoulders. "No one." He replied, staring at the bite mark he made on the human's collarbone. "Let's get you inside."

"B-But-"

"Let's not talk about it." Chenle held both of Renjun's shoulders as he stared at his doe eyes. The vampire sighed once again and grabbed Renjun's hand, pulling him inside the mansion.

The two soon made their way to Renjun's room and Chenle gently pulled him to his bed, opening the bottom drawer of his bedside table and taking out the first aid kit which the human failed to know that there's that kind of thing in his room.

Chenle poured out disinfectant on a cotton ball before dabbing it softly on the fresh bitemark in Renjun's collarbone. The human looked away and bit his lip, muffling the little whimpers coming out of his mouth with his free hand.

The vampire looked at Renjun's glistening face under the moonlight for a few seconds which he mayhaps felt something fly around his stomach. He shook his head and continued treating it, dabbing the cotton against the four little holes softly.

"Hey Renjun, is this y-"

Both Renjun and Chenle snapped their heads to the person that entered the room with a familiar sketchbook on his hand. The orange haired male gave the older vampire a quick smile before turning back to treat the bite he just made.

"What did you do?" Donghyuck ran up to them and placed the sketchbook on the bedside table, staring at the fresh bite mark that Chenle was treating. "Oh my god.."

"Did you do this, Lele?" Donghyuck asked, serious eyes meeting Chenle's as the orange haired male gave him a look before heaving a sigh. "What are you gonna do about it if I said I did?"

Renjun pursed his lips on a thin line, wincing as Chenle kind of dabbed the cotton on the wound too hard. The orange haired vampire muttered a soft aapology before putting away the cotton ball, placing band aids at the mark.

"Mark hyung will kill you."

"It's not like he doesn't want Renjun's blood either." Chenle tsked, standing up from the human's bed as he looked at Donghyuck.

Donghyuck sighed as he watched Chenle walk out of the room, turning to Renjun who was making himself comfortable on the bed as tiredness took over his body.

"Are you okay? Were you hurt or something?"

Renjun sighed and shook his head, "I'm fine."

Donghyuck sighed in relief and smiled, "That's good to know." He turned his heel and is about to go out of the room when Renjun's soft yet hoarse voice echoed in the room as he called his name.

"Hyuck.."

The said vampire looked back at the human on the bed, who was looking at him tiredly. "A-Are you thirsty?"

Donghyuck creased his eyebrows, whatever Renjun is planning, he's not going to do it. "No."

Renjun sighed in relief, using all of his energy left to motion the vampire to come closer to him. Donghyuck blinked before coming closer to Renjun, flashbacks of what happened last time came rushing in his head but he shook the thought off.

"C-Can you please stay?" Renjun asked, eyes half open as his hands took Donghyuck's cold ones.

The very same words from that night came out of the chinese's mouth as Donghyuck felt the deja vu. Renjun opened his eyes wider, using all the energy he has left as he made eye contact with the vampire.

Lucky for him Donghyuck's not feeling any wink of thirst inside his body. He was glad he won't have to turn the offer off from Renjun.

Donghyuck soon released a small smile, crouching down at the side of the bed as he used his free hand to stroke Renjun's brunet hair - not breaking the little eye contact they made.

"I'll be here."

Renjun chuckled and pulled his hand back from holding the vampire's hand, shifting to the side to make space for Donghyuck on the bed. "Here, please."

Instead of hesitating, Donghyuck lay down beside the chinese as Renjun wrapped his arms around his waist just like before - inhaling the vampire's scent as he felt sleepiness take over his body the more Donghyuck caressed his hair.

Not long after, Renjun drifted off to dreamland as the vampire continued on giving soft strokes to the human's hair, softly humming a familiar tune.

Donghyuck just hopes Mark won't rage at the sight of him hugging Renjun to sleep.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

"For fuck's sake where is Donghyuck." Mark cursed under his breath as he threw his blazer and neck tie on the couch, unbuttoning his inner polo as he changed to a shirt.

He sighed in frustration, using his free hand to ruffle his black hair and took his watch with him, making his way out of the room.

He stopped by the doorway when he saw Chenle standing across his room, lenaing back on the wall while playing with fire on his hand.

"Chenle, what are you doing here?"

Mark knows Chenle wanted to say something or ask for something whenever he catches him hanging out in front of his room. The orange haired male only stays at either his room, the garden, the lake, or the old graveyard where his foster father found him.

Chenle looked up, making the fire on his hand vanish as Mark stared at him.

"Don't get mad at Donghyuck hyung. I was the one who did it."

That was all Chenle said before walking away. Mark blinked in confusion, what did Chenle mean by that?

The vampire shook his and looked at his watch that is apparently a tracking device. He made his way to where the hand of the clock was facing and frowned as it lead him to Renjun's room.

What is Donghyuck doing here?

Mark knocked three times before opening the door, eyes fixated at the two bodies on the bed. He felt something build up inside him as he stomped his way to the bed - soon getting soft at the sight of both Donghyuck and Renjun sleeping.

But Mark frowned, Donghyuck doesn't sleep at all, he rarely does. But seeing him sleep with Renjun made him soften a bit - not until he caught a glimpse of a band aid on Renjun's neck.

He once again felt anger build up inside him, about to wake Donghyuck up when Chenle's words echoed inside his head.

Don't get mad at Donghyuck hyung. I was the one who did it.

Mark composed himself, pulling his hand back as he stared at the two sleeping males on the bed. He felt guilty for making them separate, but at the same time he knew Donghyuck deserved it.

Mark just turned his heel and walked out of the room, shaking his head as he pretended not to see what happened inside.

─── ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ───

quick question,
who's your nct bias?
mine's obv renjun oof