The tent

The sound of people talking consumed the restaurant as Y/n continued making noodles for an order. "Y/n! We need three more sashimi and some onigiri!" Yelled her coworker, Jiro. The girl nodded and moved away from the noodles to a fridge where they kept the fish. She placed the fish on a cutting board, slicing them into strips, before putting it in a pan to fry. She switched back to the noodles that finished soaking in water and put them in a bowl placing it in a window. "Table three's Soba is done."

.
.
.
After work she had gotten her payment and rushed home, she stayed an hour later to make food seeing as Shigure's stove is occupied. The thing she didn't expect to see is a text from Yuki saying they would be having company.

Y/n didn't like the thought of having someone over especially a Sohma. She never got along with the family as much as she did with Yuki and Shigure. As she continued down the dirt path she saw the house up ahead causing her to speed up, she might not be happy about having company but she definitely wouldn't be happy if the food got cold.

She finally made it to the door and opened it with a quick yell, "I'm home!" as she took her shoes off. "In here Po." Shigure says from the dining area. Yes, Po is her nickname, she was given it when they saw Kung Fu panda. Besides the part of her being a panda zodiac, she never really lived up to Po's personality.

Inside the dining room were Shigure, Yuki, and Tohru. "Miss Honda..?"

Tohru's face busted into flames when she saw Y/n. "Miss Sohma!" Tohru always found Y/n beautiful especially her hair since it was so unique.

"I brought food from the diner, there should be enough for everyone. Will you be staying for dinner?" Tohru not wanting to intrude on them, started shaking her head. "I couldn't possibly intrude on your dinner." Yuki spoke up before Y/n could protest. "We found her living in a tent on the residents."

Y/n's face stayed indifferent before crocodile tears fell down her face. "Tohru why didn't you say anything!?" She asks as she hugged the girl. "Not to mention you have a fever! Why haven't you idiots gotten her any ice?!" She threw a pillow at Shigure making him pout.

Tohru was surprised by the girl's outburst, she's only ever seen her act this way with Niki. "No, no it's fine I'm just a little tired that's all." She says as she tried getting up but fell in the process. "Even you need a break sometimes Miss Honda." Y/n speaks as she caught the panting girl. "Yuki grab some blankets and a pillow." The boy nodded and stood up to do as she said.

"Just rest here for the night and in the morning we can go up to your tent and find a safer spot." Says Shigure after he said something about a cliff crumbling. "But, Mom will suffocate!" Tohru says before Y/n pushes her down. "It's okay once your comfortable me and Yuki will grab your things. Promise." She says offering her infamous shy smile. Tohru sighed but listened nonetheless and relaxed once Yuki made her a make-shift bed. The two siblings made their way to Tohru's tent.

"I'm surprised. She's always been so happy." Yuki spoke as he watched the rats and pandas dig up the dirt.

"Well, maybe she doesn't want to worry people. She's very headstrong. She reminds me of you."

Yuki looked up at his sister with a confused face. "She tries to make everyone around her happy. You try to make everyone happy by acting like someone your not." He didn't reply knowing she was right. The animals soon stopped digging and she grabbed a picture of a lady with orange hair. "I remember when they broke the news to Tohru. They had pulled her out of class." She says talking about the said girl's mother.

She smiled a bit. "She's beautiful." Yuki nodded before grabbing the rest of Tohru's things. "We should start heading back, we wouldn't want to be late for school." Yuki spoke as the sun started to rise above the horizon.

Another day of school.

Another day of socializing.

Great.