Chives

The morning after, Y/n was with Tohru making rice balls with different fillings. "The hells goin' on here? Plannin' to start a rice ball business?" Kyo asks loudly, his hair dripping wet as he walked into the kitchen.

"Oh, good morning, Kyo." Tohru greeted him as Y/n ignored the boy. "We're experimenting to get ready for the culture festival. You're out of bed early, as usual, huh?" Tohru smiled.

Y/n finished another rice ball with chive fillings. She was doing the chives while Tohru did the plums. "It's not early. It's normal. So were you out in the garden with Yuki all night long?" He asked. Y/n looks over to the girl.

"He finally showed you his garden? He's been reading books on how to grow strawberries lately! I can't wait to see how they come out." Y/n smiled at Tohru. The brunette's face brightened up. "Oh, I love strawberries- Oh! Ow, ow. That's really hot." She says grabbing freshly cooked rice.

"Yeah. We needed to defend the vegetables from the typhoon." She giggled. Y/n placed down another rice ball which Kyo picked up and bit. His face contorted into one of disgust.

He ran to the sink coughing up what he ate. "What are these?!" He shouted. "Rice balls made with chives." Y/n says with a frown. "You don't like them?" Y/n asked dropping the rice ball she had made onto a plate.

"No way! I freakin' hate chives!" Kyo told her. "What's wrong with sticking to something normal? Like salmon or octopus filling?" Kyo glared before washing his hands. "Y/n, they taste fine. Kyo's just a little picky is all." Tohru told the sulking girl.

Kyo sweat dropped when he heard this. 'Oh, crap.' He thought. "Don't take it to heart. I just don't like chives." He walks over to the rice and made his own. He expertly formed the rice ball making Tohru stare in awe as Y/n took off her apron. "Wow! That's so amazing!" She says.

"Huh?" Kyo mutters, watching Tohru clasp her hands in happiness. "The way you shaped that rice ball! You're great! Really!" She told him. Y/n smiled at the girl but Kyo looked away from her. "It's not a big deal. I had to make my own food while I was training. But just 'cause I can make it doesn't mean it'll taste good. That's why Y/n made some of my food when we were little."

Y/n turns and opens the fridge, grabbing some water out. "It's still impressive. If someone was working hard training to make rice balls, I think they would be very jealous of how good you are at it." Tohru says with a grin. Y/n laughs at this.

"Someone training to make rice balls?" Y/n giggled. Kyo looked at her with a slight blush but turned away. "Rice ball training isn't something people do. Where do you even get these ideas?" Kyo went to the living room, sat down, and turned the TV on.

Tohru hummed and went back to making some rice balls. Y/n walked over to Kyo and crouched behind him. "I think I know. Maybe you can't see it 'cause it's on your back." Y/n says making Kyo turn toward her.

Their faces are close together. "Huh?" His face turned pink. "If a person is a rice ball, and what's great about that person is a pickled plum, the problem is, the plums on their back, where they can't see!" She used food as an example. "Since they can't see their backs, they don't think they're unique. That they're just plain white rice. Even though that's not true at all. Even though they really do have a plum of their own. Maybe that's the reason we get jealous. 'Cause when it comes to plums, other peoples are a lot easier to see. So trust me when I say, I can see it. Plain as day. You have a plum right there on your back."

She pokes his back. "Sure, Yuki is great, but the thing is, so are you." She smiled at him. "Uh!" His face exploded into a red hue. He turned around embarrassed. "Okay, seriously! You spend too much time with Tohru. Where do you get these ideas? And why did you have to pick plums of all things for your stupid analogy?" Y/n leaned back surprised by the outburst. "I'm sorry, I couldn't think of anything else!" She said rubbing her neck. "I'm surprised you can think at all." He says.

This made her frown. "Hey, you've got one, too, on your back." He turned to her. "You know, a plum." Y/n smiled at this. This was the first conversation that didn't seem to be ending badly since he got back. "I can see it. But it's really really really small!" He says going back to his cocky self. "You're up already?" Y/n turned to find her brother standing there.

"Oh, actually, Tohru never went to bed and I woke up early, so we went shopping for some fillings and decided to experiment with rice balls. Though Kyo doesn't seem to like the rice ball chives I made." She told her brother standing up to grab the water that she placed on the table.

Yuki's eyebrows furrowed and he walked over to the rice ball chives, grabbed one, and quickly went over to Kyo, pinching his nose and shoving it in his mouth. "Eat it." Tohru freaked out while Y/n stood still confused. Yuki let him go and he coughed up the chives.

Y/n quickly walked over to the coughing boy and handed him her water. "Yuki! Don't kill him!" Tohru heard the doorbell and walked over to get the door. "Sorry, I should wait." Yuki told her with a smile. Y/n sweat dropped.

Kyo looked a little frightened but rolled his eyes and looked at Y/n. "Thanks for the water I guess." He hands it back to her with a blush. "Don't drink it. It's contaminated." Yuki says trying to grab the water bottle. "Hey! She should feel blessed to have anything my lips touched given to her!" Kyo says not thinking before speaking.

"Kyo...your cheating on me?" The three gasp afraid when they find Kagura standing there. A sweet girl is what she is, she just doesn't know how to contain her love for Kyo. "Cheating? We're not even together!" He shouts at her. Y/n's smile drops and moves away from the boy.

Kagura grabbed him and swung him around the room. "How dare you!" Y/n snorts as she sees Kyo fly into the pond. "Oh no! Kyo who did this to you!" Kagura pouts, hugging Kyo to comfort him which didn't work. "I see Kagura's come to visit." Shigure says standing by Y/n. "She's as lively as ever." She said laughing a little.

ʼKagura. You always seem to pop up at the worst times.ʼ She smiled bitterly at the hyper girl.