'𝙵𝚘𝚘𝚍, 𝚢𝚎𝚜. 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝? 𝙰 𝚋𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎?!'

'The culture festival is coming up next month, and things are suddenly getting really busy at school!' Tohru thought, her smile brightening the dull classroom. Yuki, the class representative, had announced that everyone had to take part in the festival, and that's when people started spewing ideas... Weird ideas.

Yuki finished drawing a flower with a pink chalk piece on the board. "It's decided."

He turns away from the board with a smile. "For the festival, our class is going to operate a rice ball stand." The class went silent. "With that settled, I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on the kinds of fillings we should use." Tohru was the first to raise her hand her mind racing with ideas.

"Oh!" She stood putting her hands together and letting them rest in front of her. "What if we did tricolor rice balls? So that in every rice ball, people get three fillings to try. A bargain!" she smiled sweetly. "Seriously?" Kinoshita, a girl in the class that had been a part of both the Yuki and Y/n club, spoke with sass. "We totally need to ditch that idea, Yuki." "Yeah what if she suggests a tuna, kelp, pickled plum combo?" A friend of Kinoshita's agreed. "Oh my gosh! That would be so disgusting!" The two girls laughed.

Y/n stood up, "I think that's a great idea, and what if we give gift bags away along with the yummy treats?" The class murmured with nods. Kinoshita went dumbfounded. "Huh..?!"

Y/n walked over to Tohru. "We can work together on the rice balls. I could pick some stuff up from the store for filling, would you like to come with?" Although it had been a short time since Tohru moved in, Y/n had gotten close with the kind-hearted girl.

Tohru grabbed her hands. "I'd love to! We can get some after work, I get off early today!" Y/n shyly smiles at the girl. "I say we should do rice ball battles." Kyo says breaking the murmuring people out of their conversations.

"Battles?" Shinomio questioned. "Yeah, brutal head-to-head matches." Kyo says punching his hand into his other, glaring at Y/n. "First to pin, their opponent wins. I already know who the examples should be. Y/n and I! I'll show you who's best, you large bear cat!!" Kyo yells with excitement. Y/n only stared at the boy as if he had grown two heads. "Hard pass." Kyo grunted in surprised. "What!?"

Yuki hummed in thought, his index finger tapping on his chin. "What if some of the rice balls are actually duds? We could make a deal where you buy three and then choose a fourth one for free. Only some of the choices are simply... empty." Everyone instantly nodded agreeing with his idea. "Sounds great!" Kyo growled. "You shoot me down but accept his dumb idea?!"

"Sorry, Kyon-Kyon, yours was way too weird." Says Hiriko, Earning a giggle from Y/n. "Kyon-Kyon? What a cute nickname." Hiriko and Shinomio blushed at the giggle they heard. "Oh shut it, Large tree cat." Y/n glared in annoyance. "Who you calling large tree cat you carrot head?!" Kyo raised his fist. "Who you calling a carrot head?!" The two glared at each other for a few minutes before Y/n sighed. "Why do I bother wasting my time on you?" She asked no one in particular.

"No one asked you to come over here. You did that on your own." Kyo grumbles, crossing his arms and looking outside the window. "I didn't come here for you, I came here for Shinomio." The said boy looked at her his eyes wide. Her cheeks became bright pink. "I was gonna put it in your locker but I wasn't sure if I could wait that long for you to look at it." She says handing him an envelope with a pink heart sticker keeping it from opening. "Don't look at it until after school!" She squeaks, before walking back to Tohru.

Kyo eyes the letter, his eyes narrowing. He didn't know why, but his stomach began to twist, his heart hurting for some reason.

"Woah, man! You got a love letter from Sohma-Chan!?" Shinomio only laughed at his friend. "No, it's from a girl in class 2-b. I asked her through a letter if she'd want to go out. But I had Sohma-Chan bring it. This must be her response. I can't wait to read it!" Hearing this was some sort of a relief for Kyo. He didn't know why but he didn't question it either.