+Wu chang x reader: loneliness+

I'm not sure of what I just wrote... Pretty far from what I had done already. Enjoy still! :3
Warning!
- Blood
- Kinda dark (kinda not idk...)
-
Again and again.

The game starts again.

Just like a broken vinyl signing it's old song,  you enter that game that you know so well. Why did you choose to listen to what that letter had to say again? As your feet get caught in the muddy ground of the factory, you remember. As you try to look beyond the thick fog that surrounds the ruins you are in, you remember. As you crush your fingers against the metal pieces of the cipher, you remember.

But was it worth it?

Maybe it was. You are not sure anymore. This is just what you are used to. Why bother remember?

You hear your cipher pop, its soft roaring calming your nerves. Only for a second though. Rain begins pouring on your head, coating your hair and face in black water. What the hell? How is that possible? Confused, you look up to the sky only to discover that it's still covered in the same layer of fog as earlier. You never know what kind of tricks this game could be playing on you. Hunters are real monsters and so is whoever tricked you in agreeing to play something like this. Nothing about this seems good. As you are about to turn on your heels and head over to the next cipher like the good survivor you are, you suddenly stop in your tracks.

It's cold on your shoulder. Very cold, like when someone put ice inside your shirt. He's behind you. You look straight ahead of you, right where the light of the next cipher appear above the ruins of the arms factory. You can't move. Why can't you move? You know he's right there, ready to strike you with his umbrella. Run. Please legs, run!

His shallow breathing reaches your ear as he crouches down to your level. Your legs still refuses to move, caught in the muddy water that keeps rising, almost getting to your knees. He slides his umbrella below your chin. The wet fabric brushes against the tender flesh of your neck, feeling every veins and artery under the skin. The sharp end of the weapon poking at your cheek sends shivers down your spine.

- You are last.

His voice sounds like a cold wind in winter. It seems to infiltrate trough your cloths. You still feel something warm drip from his umbrella on to your neck and slide under the collar of your shirt. You don't even need to look down to know that the cloth will be stained of red. His words resonate in your head once more: you are last.

Well, once again, you brace yourself for the pain and suffering that is to be expected, shutting your eyes tight. The game is done with it's winner and it's losers.

- Are your expecting me to hit you?

You open one eye slowly, turning sideways to catch a glimpse of the hunter still standing behind you. His body, bends at an odd angle, for him to look at you in the eyes. You wouldn't have expected a smile of him though. Unable to speak, you slightly move backwards in an attempt to put at least a little distance between the creature and you.

- My dear, can you erase that horrified expression of your face? It gives me goosebumps!

Are you dreaming? You must be dreaming. You wipe your forehead from the black rain that still rains over both of you and finally turn toward the hunter. Your hair stick to your sweaty skin and tangles in front of your eyes.

- Well? Won't you go? I can't say I'm busy today, but hunters aren't necessarily patient when it comes to the game...

You find the strength to bring air into your lungs, finally trying to take the words out of your mouth.

- G-go where?

Your shaky voice seems to startle him as his eyes narrow at your answer.

- Go, he gestures at the factory a little farther away. You know, by the trap in the ground!

As fear left you, your thoughts grew with incomprehension and curiosity. What was this hunter even trying to do? A new strategy? Maybe he was trying to isolate you so he could kill you and get away by saying it was an accident?

- Why? Aren't you trying to get me too?

This time he stares at you trough his golden eyes, confusion seems to appear in his mind as well.

- Why would I take you too?

This is getting ridiculous. Does he even know what he is here for?

- N-normally they get all of us. Everyone single one of us.

Maybe, and just maybe you shouldn't have said that. He genuinely seems confused and his incomprehension even bring pity to you. You feel like a teacher explaining to a child how to read.

- What a weird way to play! He looks down at you, smiling gently, as he lifts your chin up towards him. I'm sorry my darling, i'm new to this game...

Is that... possible? Did you really just get that lucky? Whoever is training those new hunters should review their program because there seems to be some serious flaws within it. Stunt by the giant luck you just got, you happily take the hand that the tall man offers you.

- That trap, or what you call it, the dungeon should not be so far away.
-
As it is time to say goodbye, you have to resist the urge to stay beside the hunter. He still stares at you softly has if he was trying to remember as much of you as he could before saying leaving. Who knows if you would gain the chance to play with him anymore? He still looks nervously at you like a rabbit anxious to get caught.

- Thank you again. That means a lot... sir?

- Oh call me Wu Chang, my sweet (Y/N).

You didn't even question how he already knew your name. Hunters have their ways... You grab the ladder that leads to the dark depths of the exit below you, but just before you could disappear out of his sight, he promptly grabs your arm and yanks you out of the dark.

- I can't! I CAN'T! I just can't let you go that way! I wanted to let you go. You could of lived a nice life out there, but I can't...

He sighs before showing you a crooked smile.

- It was worth it... You don't know how long I have been waiting for you to come my way. To get rid of the others in our game was a real piece of cake! Now you trusted me and saw how honest I was. With you, I won't be alone anymore...

No, never again.

-
Gotcha :3

No, but seriously this story was just so cool to write! Hope you enjoyed it and have a wonderful day or night wherever you are!