*Naib x reader: Quiet night*

Hiiiiiii sorry for the long wait, but here it is! I'll try to post a longer story next time.
Enjoy!
-
You just woke up. That's not your room. Not your bed. Not your celling. Not your shelves. This room it's too big for you. You feel trapped into the covers like if they were alive, trying to make you disappear into that room. Tossing and turning for a good 20 minutes did nothing more than to wake you up as if it was midday. Losing your will to sleep, feeling uneasy and stressed in that creepy room that isn't yours, you get up your feet sliding in these purple slippers beside your bed.
You take one last glance behind you before heading out. You slip away leaving the dark and lonely room behind.
The gentle taps of your slippers on the wooden floor is somewhat comforting, covering it's loud creaks. A weird noise behind you, make you jump in surprise only to discover the window still open, a crow looking at you with his little dark eyes. 'Everything in this Manor is more than creepy' you think to yourself gaining as much courage as you can to close the window making the crow fly away in fear, his weird humane screams echoing into the night sky.
You turn around ready to explore the manor a little bit more as the moon is still up in the sky, but something, more like somebody stops you from doing so.
A black boot disappear just down the stairs right in front of you.
You need nothing more to follow it and forget your bed and the sleep you probably won't get tonight.
You rush down the stairs not bothering to cover the loud creaks behind you that everyone can hear in this manor. They will wake them up that's all. You just hope that that lawyer won't get too mad. Always trying to find something to bother everyone...
You slowly push the already half-opened door that let a cold wind flow inside. 'Already winter' you think. The red, yellow and brown leaves are still all over the grass and the porch almost covering everything in beautiful colours. Of course, they are all black since it's night, but you can still smell them from under your feet.
A shadowy figure sits on the ground in front of you. You smile faintly, reaching his side and sitting right beside him.
- Hum?
Naib.
He turns around glaring at whoever is troubling his alone time that is so difficult to have in this manor. Once his eyes fall on you, he smiles.
- What are you doing here? Following me again? God, so annoying...
You smile and poke him in the ribs.
- You are the one who is always alone. I can't let you freeze out there by yourself!
He laughs looking at your shivering form in the dark. Sighing, he takes off his own coat and put it around your shoulders. Naib was always sleeping with that old green coat that he was always keeping. You told him so many times that he should change it, but he didn't care. He liked it. It reminded him of so many souvenirs. Bad or good...
- Thank you, you say in a whisper.
- You needed it anyways.
You look down suddenly remembering that even though the time seems to have stopped here, it doesn't mean that there is no tomorrow. You put on the greenish hood over your head.
- Naib... are you playing tomorrow?
He doesn't turn towards you and hide his face in his messy hair.
- Yeah. You going too right?
- Guess so. They told me it was my turn since Emily... since she couldn't come.
Naib finally turn towards you looking into your (E/C) and placing one hand on your cheek.
- Stop torturing yourself with that. It wasn't your fault.
Nobody had ever seen Naib smile, but you. You were the only one he would smile for.
You couldn't help it. Memories of the last match you played pops in your head like an old movie. You, hurt and unable to move, Emily rushing towards you to take the hit...
Naib runs a hand trough your hair, messing them up even more.
- You should go back to bed you know? If you keep thinking about what happened, it might... be a little difficult to concentrate tomorrow. We wouldn't want you to get hurt. You are still the most precious helper we've got here...
You smile, burying your face into his shoulder.
- You are doing fine. You don't even need my help, he says calmly.
You two stay a long while hugging each other without exchanging a single word. You didn't need to.
- Do I need to tell you that I love you? You say, trying to sound as calm as possible.
Naib laugh a little, hugging you even tighter.
- Nah. I know it already and don't worry. I do too.
-
Hello! Thank you for reading. Hope you liked it. The end was a little rushed, sorry my bad QwQ.
Have a good day!