Fourteen

Laughter filled the room as we all sat down together and ate our food, reminiscing about the old times. The laughter was a nice change of pace, despite some of it sounding a bit sad and forced as we all tried our best to escape the terrifying thoughts, and replace them with fond memories we had of Mollie and even Cassidy.

"Heh... No, no, no! You remember that one time Mollie totally went psycho and chased down the guy in tenth grade that stole her bra from the girls locker room and showed it around school, saying it was a prize trophy from their one night stand?" Leo said to us, trying to contain his fit of giggles. "Oh my god, yes! I so remember that. Mollie was such a prideful person, she literally tackled him at lunch time and told him she wouldn't ever sleep with his 'tiny, shrimp dick ass' even if he was the last guy on earth," Charlie added, shaking her head.

We all laughed at the memory. That day was pretty funny. Mollie wasn't ashamed to say she hooked up with a few people here and there, but when it came to lies and rumors, she was there to dispel them. She may have been a sweet girl, but she could go full on psycho if you said something about her that was far beyond the truth. Hell, a lot of the boys in school were terrified of her after that incident. Mollie was one of the prettiest girls in school in their eyes, so there were times where they would say they slept with her when they didn't. Just because they thought it would earn them bonus points among the school. But man, when she heard those rumors, she tracked the asses of people that spread them down and put them in their place, giving them a little taste of their own public humiliation. Especially when they would send her unsolicited dick pics, she wasn't afraid to blackmail them and show it to the whole school, telling everyone just how small it was.

Mollie was one crazy, but amazing girl.

"You know," Charlie began, looking down at her food and poking at it as she sat criss crossed in the lazy boy. "I always did think Cassidy was gorgeous."

We all gave her a pretty shocked look. That came out of nowhere. Charlie was never one to mess around with straight girls and that was the impression we always got from Cassidy; her being straight and all. But apparently, as much as Charlie teased her, she actually kind of liked her like that.

"It's weird right? Pining after a supposedly straight chick, knowing you'd never have a chance with her. I don't know, I guess I just always thought Cassidy was pretty rad. I guess deep down I always knew she was hiding her true self even before she told us, and sometimes I felt I saw that in her. Hell, it was one of the reasons I betted Taylor on whether she was straight or not," she laughed, Taylor smiling at remembering that he did indeed lose that bet. "I don't know, that kiss at the hospital just kind of... Proved that for me, you know? That she really was who I always thought she was inside. I felt it and I could tell she felt it too. It just sucks that now she's gone and... We couldn't see and experience more of her true self. Like she said, I think we all would have been good friends if given that chance."

That is one of the regrets I have... Not getting the chance to know the real Cassidy. For the longest time, since all of us have been friends, she would just constantly force herself into our friend group. I guess, in a way, she only did that because we were probably the only ones that were her "true friends" even if she didn't say we were, and even if we didn't know her whole bitch act was just that: an act. She probably knew deep down that if she was found out, we'd be there to welcome her with open arms because that was just the type of people we were, even if she was a complete ass to us. She was still Taylor's sister and she was still part of our group, despite completely forcing her way into it.

"I'm sure you and Cassidy would have been potential lovers," Leo joked, causing everyone to chuckle a bit. "I mean... Like I said before, I could smell a gay from a mile away, and I saw the way Cassidy looked at you sometimes, Charles. Like she wanted to say something yet refrained from doing so."