Eight

Ryan

Damn. What just happened? I stare at myself in the mirror and my eyes trail down to my mouth. Flashbacks of the image of her lips on mine pop into my head. I can't help but smile at the thought of them.

I thought she hated my guts. I even thought I hated hers too. But I don't know what happened, something clicked. It's like we were two magnets not able to resist the pull. Everything about her was heavenly. Her smell. Her hair. The feel of her body against mine. Those perfect lips...

I quickly make sure there's nothing rock-hard between my legs anymore and I turn off the light and open the door. I nervously look up at the bed. She is lying down with her back turned towards me, her slim hourglass figure outlined by the dim light from the closet.

"I don't want you to get any ideas now." She speaks with her head on her pillow facing the wall. "I still hate your ass."

I let out a small chuckle as I turn off the closet light and take off my clothes. I throw them into the hamper in the closet and I quickly walk over to the bed. I go under the sheets and bring them up over my shoulders.

"Don't worry," I whisper, "I still hate you too."
And with that said, my eyes get heavy and I slip into unconsciousness.

+++
My eyes open and a woman wearing a white dress is hovering over me. I am not in my room at the mansion, but in another room. One with red walls and gold decor. The bed I was lying on had red satin sheets.

"Quick! Quick! Come here!" She motions toward the door with hurry. I don't recall her name or who she is to me, but her face seems so familiar. I don't know why but I feel comfortable and safe. I know her...

I jump out of bed and throw on a pair of pants before rushing to follow the woman as she exits through my bedroom door. I fall in her footsteps and she guides me outside through the backyard. The backyard was right next to a river or a lake; a big body of water.

I look at the woman who is pointing frantically towards the water with tears streaming down her face. I turn towards the water as the cloudy sky delivers winds so strong they challenge my balance. As I look ahead, I can see an object floating. It was a brown...jacket? Floating a few centimetres away from the jacket was a ball of hair. A head? Oh my, this was a human!

My eyes widen as I realize what was floating in the dangerous waters. The body moves fiercely to the right then the left. The waves were carrying the body away. I run as fast as I can towards it. When my feet touch the water, I jump a little from the cold sensation. There's no way that person was alive. They either died from drowning or hypothermia. I fight against the strong current and submerge myself knee-deep in the water. Goosebumps spread all over my body and I start shivering vigorously. I am just about to reach the body. I am an arm's length away - 

"You see what you did. This is your fault. You killed him. You killed me!" Screams the woman as she takes a knife out from behind her back and stabs herself in the chest. She takes the knife out and red blood trickles down her white dress, ruining it forever. She plunges the knife deep into her stomach as life leaves her eyes.

——

I awake in a panic with hands gently grasping my shoulders. I am back in the room with gold sheets and a cascade of brown hair at my side. Heavy breaths escape my mouth and I feel like my heart beat is audible from the heavy pounding. The sight of her face is only making my heart beat faster and louder with nerves. Her hands on my bare shoulders cause my stomach to stir.

"Are you okay? You started mumbling things and screaming and... I just got worried." She looks into my eyes with her hazel stare and her face wrinkles with concern.