Five

Tegan

What has my life come to? I hate my dad. Hate school. I have no future ambitions whatsoever. And now being kidnapped truly is the cherry on top.

"Okay so here's what's gonna happen. We're going to walk down the hallway on the left and at the end is the dining hall. My boss will be there along with all the other members of this club. Now listen to me, if there is one place you do not want to be a bad girl, it's in that room." He says looking off to the end of the hallway.

The yellow haze of the wall lamps indicate my path, almost like an airplane runway. I look down to the red carpet floor and look at my shoes. How am I going to get out of here? This is a club? There's "members"? They freaking have SUPPER together?!

"I know a lot is probably going through your mind right now-" he breaks my trance, "-but I promise you, follow what I say and you might actually enjoy your stay here. And who knows, I might be able to set you free some day." His blue eyes search mine for some sign of understanding. My throat dries up. I nod my head.

I know how it goes in the movies; you have to play along with the bad guy if you want to stay alive and find a way out. So I guess that's what I've gotta do..

"Okay. I'll play 'good' girl for you. As long as I get something in exchange for this. Because it's going to take a hell of a lot for me to sit down and eat at a table with those pigs."

"First of all you're getting food which you've been dying to eat and second, I've told you enough times how lucky you are to-" he stops mid sentence as he sees my straight poker face. He knows I'm tired of that expression because in no universe is this is considered 'lucky'. "Okay fine. How about..um.. I don't know.."

"How about you get me a phone." I suggest.

"Get you a phone?" He laughs out loud as he brings his hand to his mouth. "You're delusional."

"Well then I guess it's time for your boss and all your little friends to see how much of a pussy you are for not keeping me 'under control'." I retort sarcastically as I skip towards the end of the hallway. I hope he answers me soon because there's still a chain in his hand attached to the cuffs I have on..

"Fine!" He yells as the chain reaches its end. "But you have no line and no wifi unless I'm around. And don't expect a brand new phone either."

"Deal." I turn around with a smile on my face. NO. Don't. My smile quickly fades.

My kidnapper walks towards me and I turn back and walk forward to keep a safe distance between him and myself. The dim hallway lights are not bright enough to allow me to see the end of the hallway. I look to my right and notice there are doors about a meter apart from each other, all marked by a small panel with black wooden numbers. 345. 347. 349.

"I'm guessing your boss is into the number 300 huh." I remark all while counting the number of identical doors I am passing.

"No, we just happen to be rooming on the third floor."

What? There's FLOORS. I drop my head down to my feet as I focus on the crunch of my flats on the carpet floor. All the poor souls who have walked this same path. All the pairs of heels that have journeyed this way, all with the same fate. Some probably even ventured in the exact pair I'm wearing. My destiny is determined. I am set to die here. No living. No surviving. No escape.

But for now, I have to focus on the plan at hand if I want a chance to leave here. The only way to do that is if they let me walk out and that will only happen if I cooperate.

The soft steps of my shoes now turn into a sharp and strong clack as I step on a cream, marbled floor. I let go of my thoughts for the moment and I look up infront of me. Two buff men in black suits look at me with furrowed brows and a look of disgust. The one on the left looked familiar. My heart skips a beat and my throat becomes dry as I remember the way that man had looked at me in the hallway the other day. I had never felt so disgusted in my entire life. I felt like he could see through my clothes; I felt so naked and exposed and violated. He didn't touch me but his words had left a scar. It literally paralyzed me. I was terrified of moving a muscle. However, it did make me realize that Ryan might just be the "best" man in here. Compared to the rest of these men, he's an angel sent from Heaven. What would have happened to me had I been sold to someone else?

I try to put on a brave face and I raise my shoulders, stomping down the hallway and trying to walk past the guards without looking at them. However, I feel a large hand block me. I stop in my tracks, not resisting the obstacle.

"Sorry, she's with me. She's just so excited for this supper, aha, she wanted to walk ahead!" Exclaims the man holding my leash.

"It's fine Ryan, you can go ahead and sit at table 29. Seats 109 and 110. And just some advice-" the guard leans in to whisper in my attacker's ear, "-keep that bitch on a short leash or she may start to bite back." The two guards chuckle. Once they see my kidnapper is forcing a fake laugh, they drop the jokes and simply open the doors ahead.

Ryan. Hm. What a basic name for such a complicated man.