Three

Ryan

She literally looked like a helpless bunny. Her eyes were so wide and watery from the tears she cried and her eyebrows were raised so high they almost touched her hairline. Her hands were holding onto the sheets for dear life, almost ripping them.

"Hey these are made out of real gold-" I rush onto the bed to swipe her hand off its death grip on my expensive sheets. Immediately, before I can even do much as land a finger on her, she throws her hand back so fast the speed almost knocked her off the edge of my bed. I didn't know it was possible but her eyes get even wider and her eyebrows raise even higher.

"Look eventually you're gonna have to get over yourself. You're going to be here a while..."

"Where exactly am I?" She asks quietly, looking around the room, most probably planning an escape.

"I can't tell you."

"Of course not.." she whispers. She pushes a strand of her long, brown hair behind her ear and wipes her tears off her cheek. "Why am I here? Why did you kidnap me?"

"I can't answer that."

"There's not much you can answer, huh? How am I supposed to know you won't hurt me if I don't know where I am and why I'm here?" She questions.

"Because I barely know the answers to those questions myself. You need to trust me, I won't do anything to you."

"I don't even trust my own father, what makes you think I can trust somebody whose name I don't even know?" She retorts. I've never heard somebody ask so many rhetorical questions. From the second I took her, she has been one of the most beautiful women I've laid my eyes on. She had a natural and pure beauty. But now, something had changed. Her attitude took away from that beauty. Or maybe it added to it. I'm not sure.

She notices me deep in my thoughts. After a few seconds, she gets up off the bed and gets on her knees, beside me. Her face at the same height as my hip and something else. She laces her fingers together and looks into my eyes. "Please, just let me go. I won't be of any use here. I'm not special, I'm just an ordinary, boring, teenage girl. Look, I'll do anything you want." She places her right hand on the edge of my pants and the shock of her touch sends me flinching away.

"No! I don't want anything. Don't ever do that again." I retort, a meter away from her kneeling body. She looks down, her tears dropping to the carpeted floor. "I'm not forcing you or asking you to do anything. Please believe me when I say I am not the bad guy. If I could release you, trust me I would. But, I don't call the shots around here. Anyways don't worry, you won't be here for long. Someone will come get you soon enough once they decide what to do with you."

Her eyes shoot up to mine, wide-eyed. Maybe she finally realized that this room was the safest place in here. Or maybe she was excited because she thought that would give her a better chance to escape. I couldn't tell, she was hard to read.

There's two knocks at the door and after a 1 second pause, a third one. It's the knock.

I walk over to the door, her eyes watching me as I do. I open it slightly, just so I can ask what he wants.

"Come out here for a sec I wanna talk to you." His thick British accent and the sound of music in the back makes it difficult for me to understand. His blue eyes stare into mine and as he finishes his sentence he moves away from the door, looking at the floor.

"Yes, Boss?" I ask, half closing the door behind me as I move into the dark hallway.

"So, um, the original plan was to sell her to Dexter since he was only coming over for a weekend while his wife was away but he cancelled last minute. Apparently his wife's sister died or something, I don't fuckin' know..." he rolls his eyes and clicks his tongue.