𝟎𝟏𝟖

narrative

today was the day the eighteen year old girl was expecting to get her driver's license. she had taken the test 4 weeks ago since her friends were encouraging her to get one.

the girl got a notification on her phone informing her diver's license was in the mail. she quickly got up from her spot and ran to her assigned mailbox each apartment had. she opened it with the key and was smiling just seeing the white box.

"yay," she said to herself, she ran back inside grabbing a knife, and opened it carefully making sure to not destroy the box.

she was more excited knowing she did not need to depend on others driving her to places. and as much as she wanted to avoid the feeling she couldn't help but feel sad.  she had gotten a flashback from the day when vinnie had taught her how to drive around the area of her neighborhood and how excited they were just thinking about the day she was finally going to get her driver's license.

1 week later

she looked out the window and saw how the sun was already down, the lights of cars lighting the whole city along with the buildings. she grabbed her car keys and wrote a small note letting iris know she was going out. yeah she had a car, shocking.

her phone was connected to the bluetooth with some sad music playing with the volume up to 65. she drove around her neighborgood with the window rolled down, letting the air hit her face. she was still going on speed limit, no matter the situation she needed to stay safe.

soon the song "minor" by gracie abrams played and she turned up the volume more. gracie was one of her top favorite artists, her music was underrated and she didn't receive a lot of recognition which confused her.

"I'm minorly stuck
And it's not your fault
Just how things are
M-I-N-O-R
I'm all out of luck
   I'm minorly stuck"

and what seemed the 100 million times, tears rolled down her cheeks. she was sure she was going to turn emo one of these days. crying while singing to the song gave her an idea to write a song about the situation.

the girl parked in the assigned parking lot and headed towards her apartment, she opened the door and headed towards the living room.

she grabbed her piano and her small journal and sat on the floor of her living room, she plucked out some cords she liked and continued with the flow.

the lyrics were real, it represented the pain she was feeling. the brunette girl knew this was definitely one of the most painful songs she has ever written.

"got my driver's license last week
a thing we always talked about
cause you were so excited for me
to finally drive up to your house but today i drove through the suburbs crying cause you weren't around"

"and you're probably with that brunette girl
the one i always thought about
she's so much older than me
she's everything im insecure about
yeah, today i drove through the suburbs
cause i couldn't fathom lovin' no one else."

"and i know we weren't perfect but i've never felt this way for no one
and i just can't imagine how you could be so okay now that im gone
and i don't believe when you say i did nothing wrong"