prolouge ❥

prologue

Let me photograph you in this light
In case it is the last time
That we might be exactly like we were
Before we realized
We were scared of getting old

3rd person pov:

The night of Y/N's 15th birthday was when she first met Kaedehara Kazuha. Kazuha was a year her senior, he had just turned 16 only months ago.

Being someone of noble status, she was guaranteed a ball of sorts so her parents could parade her around in fancy garb and to make business deals with other families of nobility. The (H/C) haired girls Great Grandmother, who was surprisingly in good health, had insisted that she was of proper age to find someone to settle down with and get married.

Y/N's Father had reminded his grandmother that they weren't living in Shakespearean times anymore.

Y/N had sighed at the dispute of her family arguing over how her fate would turn out. Wishing she was just a normal girl who could live in the countryside, farm Sakura blooms in her leisure and watch the tides roll in each morning.

One thing she did look forward to for her birthday celebration was seeing her dearest friend, Kamisato Ayaka as well as her elder brother Ayato.

Y/N also wouldn't have been suprised if her mother managed to get Lady Yae or even the Raiden Shogun herself to turn up at the ball. Which wasn't likely, but wouldn't be surprising giving how persuasive her mother could get. How M/N loved spoiling her daughter.

Y/N had spent most of her morning that fateful day reading in the estates court yard.

"Y/N, Dear!" Her mother had called from inside. The girl had closed her book and called out:
"Coming, mother!" Before returning inside.

M/N as well as the estates hand maidens had ushered the young girl into her room.

A beautiful dress was hung up on display. It was a beautiful shade of (F/C).

"Oh, it's gorgeous, thank you, truly." Y/N said, feeling the soft silk fabrics in her hands.

"Well I'll let you change," M/N smiled.

"Ladies, see to it that the dress fits and her hair gets done." M/N addressed the maids, who nodded in response. Y/N's mother left the room.

"Well, um.. could I change in private, I'll let's you know when I need to be laced up.." the young girl said quietly, the maids nodded and left the bedroom for a moment.

...later

Setting the scene, Y/N'a ball was bustling. So crowded, she had stepped outside for fresh air.

"almighty shogun.. what a turn out," she had a mumbled, reaching up to take out the hair pin that was keeping her hair in a (H/S). her (H/L) locks falling and the tension in her head became reduced.

Leaning over the balcony, she sighed.

"You sound distressed," a voice came from below.

"Who's there?" The girl asked.

"A party guest, who else?" The voice teased.