vi.

attachment issues

Do you know when you're coming back?
'Cause since you've been gone
I've got along but I've been sad

1st person pov:

I laid on my futon, facing my window, my cheeks tear stained.

I took in a deep breath and let it out through my nose, sighing.

a knock was heard at my door, "Lady Y/N, Madam Kokomi has arrived to visit you," Yukino's comforting voice called from behind said door.

'Shit!' I thought to myself, scrambling up from my bedridden state and furiously rubbing at my face in attempt to rid myself of tear stains.

"One moment!" I called out, rushing over to my closet to put on a fresh outfit and fix my hair into a quick (H/S).

I did quick, light makeup that suited my (S/C) skin before heading out into the estates foyer.

"Y/N! Hi! How are you love?" Kokomi's soft, bubbly voice asked sweetly.

"Hi Komi, I'm good, and you?" I asked with a smile.

"Ah, things have been pretty stressful, but I'm so glad I got a break to be able to visit you," she smiled taking my hands and giving them a squeeze.

"I'll leave you ladies in peace, I must help tend to Lady M/N in her bed chambers," Yukino left with a curt bow.

"anyways, I'm so glad to see you Komi!" I giggled, giving her a tight hug.

"As am I, N/N," she smiled.

"So, how is everything back on Watatsumi?" I asked.

"Things are fine, but I'm not here to talk about Watatsumi! I'm here to catch up silly,"

"right, how about we go to my room?" I asked.

"That'd be fine," the pink haired girl grinned.

"it's kind of a mess.. I er... it sorta slipped my mind that today was the day you'd be visiting... ha ha.." I scratched the back of my neck.

"Don't you worry N/N," Kokomi giggled and sat elegantly on the unmade bed, turning to face me with a smile and patting the spot next to her.

Taking the hint, I sat down next to her and let out a heavy sigh.

"Kazuha wouldn't want you to be upset over him," the pink haired girl stated with a sigh.

"I know, I know"

"I think you have some major attachment issues," Kokomi laughed slightly.

"I guess," I laughed along with her. "I just don't feel whole without him, I know it's weird but.. I don't know.." I sighed.

"the soulmate effect.." Kokomi said quietly. "I read something about it in a book, now the whole idea of soulmates isn't entirely true or false but I like to think that they exist,"

"that's laughable Kokomi, if soulmates were real, I don't think Kazuha would be mine and vice versa. He'd probably meet this adventurous, outgoing, powerful, vision wielding person while out traveling and fall for them. And I'd have to meet suitors to carry the families legacy, and one of the many suitors would be mine." I laid back on the bed.

"I find it so sad you think like that," Kokomi frowned.

I only shrugged from my position.

"if you had a soulmate, I think It'd be Gorou," I smiled.

"And why is that?" Kokomi asked.

"You two got along so well when we were younger, it was cute how Gorou always wanted to be around you and make sure you were okay. And even now, he's a general in your army!" I laughed.

"Let's move on from this topic!" Kokomi huffed.

"you brought it up!" I argued.

"I'm sorry! just, Gorou and I are nothing more than friends, we have the be, things must strictly be professional between the priestess of watatsumi and her battalion members." Kokomi pursed her lips.

"right.." I hummed. All this talk of romance lately really made me begin to question myself.

Was I in love with Kazuha?

My life before meeting him was a dull shade of gray.

I spent mornings attending private lessons, afternoons reading until my head would spin and nights in my room wishing I hadn't been born into such a strict lifestyle.

And my life certainly had brightened significantly after meeting Kazuha. I spent afternoons frolicking rather than staring at ink blotted pages of old books filled with irrelevant topics.

Kokomi's forced cough brought me back to reality.

"You get caught up in your thoughts so much N/N dear," Kokomi giggled.

"I guess..." I'm shrugged.

"How about you and I go get some tea at the Komore tea house, who knows, maybe Thoma and Ayaka will be there. Maybe even Lord Ayato will be there," Her bright smile was enough encouragement to finally get me out of my house for once. So, I nodded in agreement.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
⃗ 🎐*ೃ༄
↳˳❥;;  ❝FOLKLORE❞ ೫˚∗:
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

hi....

this chapter totally hasn't been in my drafts for two months... ha ha ha...

Um anyways,,,,

I haven't played genshin since I got Yae Miko and idk how to feel

I'm also once again hyperfixated on the DC universe (as I was when I was a literal child) solely bc I saw The Batman and thought "hey this movie was rlly good so now I'm gonna go rewatch all the DC stuff I used to when I was little AND new stuff! {ex: I am currently watching the Titans series (2018) on HBO max..})

anyways I hope this short ass chapter suffices for the drought ❤️❤️

XoXo,
Fairydarling