v.

when he leaves again

Don't you see me I
I think I'm falling, I'm falling for you

1st person pov:

"So you're off again..?" I asked quietly, trying to suppress the frown I could feel etching itself across my lips.

Kazuha stayed silent.

we were currently at his estate; or well it wasn't as much of an estate as it was a samurai training grounds that happened to have a larger than average home at the center.

"yes, I am.." the boy finally spoke.

"I hope you don't think I'm upset," I sucked in a breath.

"but you are," he frowned. He was right, I was upset, only a little bit, though.

I shook my head, "no, Kazuha, please don't think like that. I could never be upset with you."

instead of speaking, he pulled me into a hug, his hand gluing itself to the back of my head. I wrapped my arms around his neck and sighed.

"you act like you won't return in less than a month," I laughed sorrowfully.

"I don't want to leave," he muttered into my hair.

"you need a break, do this for yourself," I shifted our position so that I could face him better. He nodded.

"hey, maybe you'll run into Tomo on the way," I smiled.

"If I do, I will make amends on your behalf, I know you hate when we argue," the ivory-haired male smiled softly.

"I know you will,"

"so, what'll you do when I'm gone, dove," he questioned with that familiar teasing lilt back in his soothing voice.

"I don't know... I'll have to find someone to replace you won't I.. they'll have to take me on walks across the beach... buy me dango.." I sighed; joining in on the teasing.

"you know no one can spoil you like I do," he teased, his voice dropping a slight octave lower.

"You are so right! No one is a better guardian Angel like you, Kazu." I grinned. he smiled back before moving the hand placed at the back of my head to the side of my face, cupping my cheek.

"on a serious note," he coughed. "I will miss you greatly," he sighed.

"as will I," I frowned.

"well... I shall be on my way then," Kazuha breathed out, readjusting the bag that was draped over his shoulder.

"be safe," I gave him one last hug before following out of the house, he gave a curt nod before heading off. leaving me standing there, a sad smile etched on my face.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

"Would you like for me to have Thoma bring us tea?" Ayaka asked quietly, my head resting in her lap as we sat on the floor of her room, listening to a quite tune playing on a phonograph.