iv.

more than a woman to me

Here in your arms I found my paradise
My only chance for happiness
And if I lose you now, I think I would die
Oh, say you'll always be my baby, we can make it shine
We can take forever, just a minute at a time

Kazuha's pov:

"I dunno Kazuha, maybe she's more dense than you think," Tomo sighed, his feet kicked up onto a table and a piece of straw hanging from his lips.

"She's very intelligent, honestly, can you not blatantly disrespect the girl I've been pining over for ages?" I hissed, pacing back and forth. I snapped my head to the side. Y/N was down in the field with Yoimiya playing with some of the kids in the village.

"yeah well- not many people use the 'the moon is beautiful, isn't it?' schtick as a way to confess nowadays, mr. Poet-man."

"But it's traditional! That's how my father confessed to my mother," I sighed.

"Kazu, Y/N's not a poet, a simple, 'I love you' would suffice." Tomo shrugged.

"she's too good for simple," I shook my head.

"archons you are so fucking difficult Kazuha," Tomo laughed, shaking his head.

I sighed and looked back down into the field where Yoimiya was currently chasing Y/N and some children, probably playing a game of tag. My gaze softened at the seen as I watched Y/N tumble in front of a small girl to get tagged by Yoimiya instead of the kid.

I could never understand how she was so effortlessly beautiful, from the day we first met, standing in an extravagant dress to now where she stood barefoot in the grass, sarashi tightly wound around her chest, a bright blue Haori loosely clinging to her frame and black shorts that hugged her waist and thighs.

"she'd make great wife material, Kazu, if you don't snatch her up quick I will." Tomo remarked. I simply rolled my eyes, knowing Tomo, he wouldn't act on his words. He was far from someone who would willingly settle down so easily.

"she never fails to take my breath away," I admitted.

"That's so cheesy!" Tomo laughed.

"shut up," I crossed my arms over my chest.

"quit pouting lover-boy." Tomo laughed again.

"I'm not pouting," I mumbled.

"sure, sure. Whatever you say." Tomo rolled his eyes.

I payed him no mind as he leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes, feet still kicked up on the small table we sat at.

I sighed, caught up in my own thoughts once again as I gazed at Y/N. Would I confess? Would I wait? That I wasn't sure of.

"I think I'm going to travel to watatsumi on my own for a while, to clear my head." I stated.

"Mrs. Kaedahara's not gonna be happy about that~" Tomo teased, 'Mrs. Kaedahara' being a nickname he'd given Y/N.

"she'll be ok, she always is, she's a strong independent woman."

"She moped around for a whole week that time you went to yashiori island," Tomo sighed.