ii.

the winter solstice

When I'm around slow dancing in the dark
Don't follow me, you'll end up in my arms

1st person pov:

To celebrate 'Toji' or The winter solstice, the Kamisato clan held a gala of sorts, and as a noble it was expected of me to attend. Of course, the Kamisato's had everyone in their good graces. So, the gala would be an event no one would turn down, not even general-in-training Kujou Sara, or even the 'ferocious' gang leader, Arataki Itto.

Even after the unexpected passing of Lady and Lord Kamisato a few years back, Ayato still continued the tradition.

I heard a knock at my door.

"Come in!" I called as I sifted through my closet.

"Lady Y/N, your mother has sent new dress robes for tonight," My maid, Yukino, entered; a soft periwinkle Furisode Kimono folded over her arms.

"thank you, ma'am." I smiled kindly as she neatly set the kimono on my large futon.

I stripped from my silk pajamas and put on the Kimono. Making sure it was smoothed out before slipping on fresh white socks and my getas. I sat at my vanity and styled my hair into a (H/S) and pinned the extravagant periwinkle flower clip to the side of it.
I dug through my drawers before pulling out black eyeliner and swiping that into sharp lines along my top lash-line. I concealed under my eyes, and dappled blush lightly to the apples of my cheeks before setting my simple look with a translucent powder.

Another knock at the door was heard.

"Lady Y/N, Lord Kazuha has arrived to escort you to the Kamisato estate." Yukino called out.

"I'll be out in a moment!" I called back, clasping a silver heart locker around my neck.

That was right, Kazuha would be attending the gala as well, I often times forgot that Kazuha was the last child of the Kaedahara family, who in fact, were quite the noble family, many skilled and famous Samurai had emerged from said clan.

I grabbed a fan from my collection before making my way out of the room.

"O! My sweet lady, you look so wonderful, I remember when you were oh so little! and now look at you, a grown women!" The older woman cooed.

"Thank you miss Yukino," I smiled.

Yukino escorted me to the main room where Kazuha, B/N, and my mother sat.

"Ah! There she is," my mother said, announcing my presence. Kazuha swiftly stood and cleared his throat.

"Hello, dove." Kazuha spoke, walking over to Yukino and I. Yukino patted my forearm before making her way to my mothers side.

"You look wonderful Kazuha," I smiled at his attire, a pristine, white Kimono with a dark red Haori with a snowflake pattern in a darker red over the kimono.

"As do you, N/N."

"Aww don't they just look darling, B/N! Oh, get that handy Kamera from your father's study! I'd get it but my bones are oh so fragile with old age," my mother spoke to my brother.