•eighty-four

"A love that can survive anything."

•maya

I was a wreck at my moms funeral. People kept coming up to hug me and all I wanted to do was run away from everything.

In my mind the further I was away from all of this drama the better I would be. Riley and Farkle were by my side the whole time so that never gave me a chance to escape. Things were probably going to be the same at this funeral too.

It's weird that I had to send out cards letting people know that the man who took me in just died. Shawn was popular and everyone loved him.

Nobody could possibly hate Shawn, because of the way he was. His old friends would see him on the street and Shawn would stop just to have a ten minutes conversation. He did all this just so that they could catch up.

He was just a likeable person.

I think that's what everyone loved about him.

-

I smoothed down the black dress I was wearing as I waited for more people to walk up to me. Everyone shakes my hand and says they're sorry for my loss.

But it's not just my loss.

Everyone lost him.

And he's never coming back.

He won't be there to surprise me on tour or pick me up from the airport. I won't have someone to walk me down isle on my wedding day. He is going to be calling me at five in the morning, because he keeps forgetting the different time zones.

For a long time I thought I was alone in this world, but I wasn't.

Now the time has come and I'm alone and I feel drained out of me. I'm just Empty.

-

"I'm so sorry for your loss," someone said, "If there is anything you need send me a call."

"Thank you," I said.

I just wanted this to be over. Things would be so much better if I was just by myself watching trashy TV.

But then my heart stopped.

Angela.

"Maya I'm so sorry for your lost. I don't know if Shawn ever talked to you about me before, but I'm Angela," she said.

I smiled, "Angela, Shawn talked about you all the time."

"I wish that I would have come and seen him sooner, but I thought it was for the best if I didn't ruin your family."

"You wouldn't have been ruining anything."

"Did Shawn ever tell you stories about us?"

"Shawn used to tell me all these stories about the two of you when you were younger and I have to admit they sounded like fun."

Angela smiled, but it was a smile that hinted towards pain. She most likely regrets not being able to see Shawn before he died. All these reminders were probably bringing up all kinds of feelings.

"Shawn was a," Angela wiped a tear away, "Shawn was a great man."

"I don't know if you knew this or not, but Shawn loved you. And when I say he loved you I mean he really loved you."

"I really loved him too. I don't think anyone will ever love me as much as he did."

-

Angela is back.

I think I'm going to be keeping her around for awhile.