•ninety-eight

"No it's not a good look so gain some self control."

•maya

"I don't need rehab."

This was something that I had been repeating for a least twenty minutes.

"Maya this is the tenth time you have been to a hospital in the last eight months. And of those ten times you have been here you got your stomach pumped three times," Riley explained.

Riley moved over and sat down on the bed next to me. Farkle was sitting on a chair across the room from us.

"Farkle tell her I don't need rehab," I said.

"I know you don't want to here this, but I agree with Riley," Farkle replied.

I scoffed, "Of course you do."

Farkle would agree to anything that Riley's says to make her happy. Riley would do the same too.

They did everything to make each other happy.

"Maya this if for your own good. Riley and I don't want to wake up one morning and have to drag you to the hospital, because you didn't listen to us," Farkle explained, "You need this."

"What I need is to follow my own path. I can't go to rehab, because I got the part in the movie and they need me to start next week," I told them.

No way was I giving up this movie.

"You can work on the movie whenever your stay in rehab ends," Riley suggested.

"Riley I'm a first time actress they aren't going to wait around for someone who hasn't acted before."

"Maybe I could go to the director or the producers and see what they have to say."

"That's not it works. Riley I'm a singer to everyone not an actress. People aren't going to hold a movie that is staring Mikey Murphy and Daisy just, because I can't be there to film. Once I tell them I can't do the movie they are just going to hand it to someone else."

Why can't she just see that this is all I have left? Everything else has been taken away from me.

I want to be able to control my own fate.

"Maya new movies are made every day I'm sure that someone will hire you to be in one of them," Farkle said.

"And what happens if I don't? Do I go back to just sitting in my room waiting for someone to make me feel better? Do I wait for them to break my heart after that too?" I asked.

"Not every guy is going to break your heart," Riley added.

"Really, because Lucas told me he wasn't like any other guy and he still broke my heart."

I really hated talking about Lucas. If I never had to hear about him again it would be too soon. I needed to take scrub brush to those memories.

"I want to do something that makes me happy. You guys get to do what makes you happy so I should be able to do the same," I finished.

"You are impossible to talk to," Riley huffed.

"Thank you."

Someone knocked on the door.

"Come in," I yelled.

Cory and Topanga talked through the door.

Cory asked, "Did you convince her to go?"

"I'm not going," I repeated.

Riley was getting angry at me.

"See dad she won't listen to anything that Farkle and I say," Riley whined, "I have tried everything that I could possibly think of to get her to come with me."

"Maya your lucky that they even told you about taking you to rehab, because if you were in my family they would just drop you off without a warning," Cory laughed, "They'd be like we're going to get ice cream and then next thing you know your sitting in your new room."

"Well now I know not to follow you guys to go get ice cream," I smirked.

"This isn't a time for joking," Riley snapped.

"Why are you so crabby right now?" I asked.

Riley began, "Look I don't want to come home and find you laying on the ground, because you drank too much. These last few times that I have had to take you to the hospital I've been terrified that you weren't going to wake up. Do you know how that feels? Do you know how it feels to think that your best friend might die, because you didn't try hard enough to stop them? No I don't think you do."

The room went silent until Riley started to cry. At first they were small tears, but then it was a full on sobbing fest. I hated seeing her cry.

Riley was really strong and it took a lot to see her cry.

Cory wrapped an arm around Riley and she cried into his shoulder.

"Riley I think you have said enough," Cory said, "Now Maya the choice is ultimately yours, but I think you should see this before you make your decision."

"See what?" I asked.

Cory pulled something out of his coat pocket.

"This," He said, handing me a letter.

"What's this?"

"A letter."

"From who?"

Cory smiled, "Read it and then make your decision. Which ever one you pick we will go along with."

-

Only two more chapters left :(

I can't believe we are getting to the end of this story.