4- Taken

It was the day after my mum had her stroke and I was waiting for the taxi. Will's aunt insisted that I wasn't alone whilst my mama was gone and said she wanted me to come up as soon as possible. She seemed like a nice lady.

Me, Ice and Jazz were sitting in my living room playing poker even though none of us had money. I was whooping them good.

"Ah for fucks sake!" Jazz threw his cards on the table and Ice groaned as I place my winning cards down.
"It's okay guys not everyone can be amazing," I said laughing at their reactions.
"Piss off," Ice said pushing me onto the sofa.

"Oh it's like that huh?" I said getting back up. He crossed his arms trying to keep a straight face. Jazz eyes flickered in between us waiting to see who would move first. I slapped Ice round the face. Not hard we were just joking. He pushed me again and we all started scrapping on the floor.

Jazz was on my side as he couldn't hit a woman and we both ganged up on Ice. I sat on his stomach as Jazz had him in the headlock.
"Have you learnt your lesson? No hitting girls?" Jazz said raising his eyebrows. His nose was flaring signalling he was tryna hold in his laugh.
"I'm a woman not a girl," I sassed laughing making him let out his laugh.
"Not the point," he went back to trying to be serious but failed.
"What can I say? Equal rights, equal fights," Ice burst out laughing which I did too before realising that I definitely shouldn't be.
"That wasn't funny Ice," I said shaking my head. It was like when a white guy would say a racist joke to me and I laugh before realising it shouldn't be funny. I stood there tryna hold in my laugh until I heard a beep from outside making all of us get up.

"Bye guys," I said giving them both the handshake all four of us (Will included) shared.
"Bye sister from another mister," Jazz joked before hugging me and going back to the cards on the table.
"I'm coming out wid' you," Ice said with no feeling in his voice. For gods sake.

"Right, she's got pepper spray, a sharp object which I won't bait her out for and a hood ass punch so if you try anything-" He started on the taxi driver.
I pulled his shoulder back as the guy put up his hands in a surrender position.
"Chill, i'll be fine alright?" I hugged him and he rested his chin on my head.
"Call me on a daily okay?" he asked. His voice was quivering a bit and usually I'd start laughing but I knew it weren't the right time.
"Yeah, yeah."

As I was about to get in the car, I saw Jazz waving out the window like a child making me laugh.
"Love you guys! Bye!" I said as I got in the car. Jazz made a heart with his hands which I thought was cute before he started pointing at Ice, raising his eyebrows at me and smiling like a madman.
I stuck the middle finger up at him and waved to them one last time as we drove off.

As we drove down the streets of Bel-Air, I gawked at all the massive houses with my nose right up to the window. They were massive. We slowed to a stop and I realised we were here.

Two towering pillars held up a balcony above the front door which had a winding path leading up to it. The grass looked well groomed and not patchy like the grass in Philly. The streets were clean and untouched with no litter to be seen whatsoever.

"They've got a butler who will help with your luggage, just go knock so he knows you're here," the driver informed me.
I felt a bit weird with leaving all my belongings with this random guy who still had his car running but decided that we weren't in Philly anymore and I could trust this guy.

I reached the door and banged the knocker which was double the size of my face. The door looked like it was used for giants.

A guy dressed in a suit came to the door.
"Hello, how may I help you?" he asked politely.
"Yo!!! You're from England? Crazy!" his accent was so cool.
"Oh my goodness, another one. Will, your friends here!" he shouted. I didn't know whether to be offended or not but brushed it off as I heard Wills massive footsteps coming down the stairs.