13- Lisa

"I've been speaking to this girl... She's coming round for dinner tonight to meet everyone including you and Jazz." Will waited for my reply.

Girlfriend? I had no right to be jealous. I should be happy for Will, I'm his best mate. But those words hurt. They stung making my mouth go dry as I simply smiled and nodded my head before heading upstairs. Girlfriend?

"Jay?" Will called for me as I was half way up the stair case. He looked awkward and almost regretful.
"I'm happy for you Will! I'm just going to go get dressed," I lied mustering up the most convincing looking smile I could give before carrying on upstairs.

Why did I feel like this? Will's my best mate nothing more. I felt upset, jealous. Even a little bit angry. He led me on, flirting with me and even sleeping in my bed. I wonder what his girlfriend will think about that. The whole time we were acting like a couple, he was already part of another couple? Did I get played by no other than Will Smith? No. I didn't get played because I don't care. I do not care. One bit. Doesn't bother me. At all.

—————

Because of the lovely guest we were having join us for dinner, Aunt Viv came to everyone's room telling them to dress formally as we were having a fancy dinner to 'celebrate Will's new relationship and what it could blossom into.'
Yeah, no thanks.

Sure, I'll dress formal but I want Will to regret this. I do feel a little bad for his girlfriend as I'm already deciding not to like her but oh well. What's done is done.

I got in the shower doing my whole curly hair routine so that the curls would be fresh and better looking. Dinner was in two and a half hours so I had time.

I dried my hair and body before sitting at my desk, still in my towel, and starting on my make up. I didn't want to wear too much, he should see my natural beauty, if that's not enough for Will then sadly he's not worth it. I applied my winged eyeliner with a shaky hand but somehow still getting the line to go straight. I put highlighter on the inner corner of my eyes and on my nose. I wore mascara and put concealer on any spots, there were a few on my forehead.

I looked proudly at myself in the mirror. I was confident in my appearance tonight and that made my mood slightly better.

As I was picking out dresses, Jazz barged in.
"Oi, you pervert! Imagine I didn't have my towel on me right now!" I shouted at him, slapping the back of his head.

"I just came to check you were alright?" he asked sitting on my bed, scanning my face to detect any lies I might be about to tell.
"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"
"Maybe because you have a massive thing for Will and he has a massive thing for you?" he suggested sarcastically to which I rolled my eyes.

"It's not worth it, just leave it," I said turning back around to pick a dress again.
"Well I've shipped you guys since like fifth grade so I have a plan!" he said excitedly jumping up off the bed and squealing like a girl.

I laughed at him, "What's the plan then?"
"So you are interested, huh?" he teased as I hit him with my pillow and he continued, "Me and you pretend to date."
As I was about to protest he shushed me before carrying on. "Not tonight because it will be too obvious but just to make Will jealous. He was well jealous about that Mike guy, Jesus Christ!"

I shook my head confused, "How do you know about Mike?"
"He called me and told me everything about how he doesn't respect you enough and how he could treat you way better. Bro's in love!" he stressed his idea to me trying to get me to agree.

"Let me get through tonight and I'll see how serious these two are then I might agree," I suggested ushering him out the room as he started screaming yes's and how he was cupid.