14- "it was a demon! it werent me!"

I woke up the next morning to Jazz jumping on top of me.
"Fucking hell, you're heavy!" I pushed him off me so that he landed on the floor and he erupted into laughter.

I sat there waiting for an explanation as to why he woke me up.
"You done yet?" I asked him as he took a few deep breaths trying to stop his laughing.
He nodded, "Yeah."
"Well..." I started still wondering why I couldn't sleep for another hour.

"Oh, right! So we need to carry out phase two of our plan!" he said clapping his hands together like a toddler.
"Phase two?" I questioned laughing.
"Yes, that's what I just said, didn't I?" he replied sassily trying to get on with what he wanted to say. "Lisa went home last night so go into Will's room and talk to him about how you think I might ask you out today."

"Nooo," I complained, "He was rude last night, I don't wanna talk to him."
I put the blankets over my face before Jazz pulled them all off me and onto the floor.
"What if I had slept naked?" I accused him of being a pervert to which he rolled his eyes and replied with, "Well then I'd probably be scarred for life."
"Excuse you," I rolled my eyes at his comment before going to my bathroom and washing my face.

"Right, be happy and run over there. C'mon," Jazz urged me to get going. He was being very bossy but now wasn't the time to get mouthy to him. Instead, I walked over to Will's room, knocking quietly on the door. I was low-key scared as he almost pulled my door off it's hinges yesterday.

"Yeah, wassup?" he called out, probably still in bed. He didn't sound angry anymore so I opened his door, closed it behind me and jumped on his bed.
"I got a girl, we can't be doing this no more," he said rolling over so as not to face me.
"Boy, humble yourself. I'm not here for you," I said rolling my eyes at his stubbornness.
"What are you here for then?" he asked confused and sitting up to face me.

I smiled pretending to be excited, "I think Jazz might ask me out today!"
He looked me up and down, "Cool."
"Why you being salty for?" I confronted him.
"I'm not, good for you."
"You've got a girlfriend so why can't I have a boyfriend? It wasn't like we were together or anything," the words stung to say but he should feel what I felt yesterday morning. Toxic? Probably.

He looked away from me, almost as if he didn't want to look me in the eye, "I know and I never said you can't have a boyfriend."
"Mhmm, alright."

"Just fuck off if you're gonna be a bitch," he shouted getting up and opening the door for me to get out. I scoffed looking him up and down.
"Check yourself before you start calling other people bitches you dickhead," making sure I had the last word, I walked back into my room where Jazz laid on the floor fiddling with the string from my carpet. When he saw me flop onto my bed he sat up.

"Uh oh, what happened?"
"I told you he was still fucking angry. Maybe this isn't a good idea."
He got up and sat on the bed by my side. "Are you alright?"
"He called me a bitch."
His eyes widened, "Well what did you do to make him say that?"
I rolled my eyes at him, "That you were gonna ask me out."

He got up headed for my door.
"Where you going?" I asked sitting up.
"That's out of order mate, he can't go round calling girls bitches." And with that he stormed off down in the direction of Will's room. Great.

————-

Carlton came into my room whilst Jazz was gone making me look up.
"Y'alright?" I asked him. Sure we were mates but he didn't usually talk to me unless he had to.
"Yep, I'm dandy! What about you?"
I didn't have a clue what dandy meant but went along with it nonetheless.
"I'm go-"
I was interrupted by raised voices that sounded like Jazz and Will's.

"Sounds like you're good," Carlton said chuckling, making me roll my eyes. "Trouble in paradise Jay?"
"Trouble in the airport more like. Still haven't seen paradise," I scoffed.
He laughed at my comment as his eyes scanned my room.