Glossary

***A few entries may be incomplete or missing.***

A

Akarin of Shirokirger, Chaosbane: ranked a Vanguard Crusader in the Legionnaires of light. He led the only successful rescue mission into the Realm of Chaos, as of year 700.

Ashbone: a metal found in the Realm of Chaos. It is cool to the touch, and it is hard and brittle.

Augyrum: a white metal with a slight yellow tint. It is relatively common and is found mixed in ferrum-based ore. It has few applications other than catalysts and alloys. It has an elemental affinity for water and ice.

Axius River: a river separating Valand and Luxurum. It originates in the Spinas Range and ends in the ___ Bay.

B

Bastionette: town in the middle of Luxurum. Established next to the ___ lake. A commonly used stop when travelling between Prosperia and Magnanimia.

Bleeding Maiden, the: worshipped by Legionnaires of Light. She ascended to immortality, transcending to the in the Realm of Light, birthplace of angels. She offers guidance and courage to all living beings who have faith in her.

C

Cadleder: luxurite military leader of a warband.

Caron of Skolarum, High Priest: legionnaire assigned to Mirthenhelm. He organized the local force of legionnaires. He had a church of his own built in the city. He was cursed and condemned to the Sea of Flames in 655, during the destruction of the village.

Catalyst: a scepter, staff, wand or specialised gauntlet made of magic-conducting or magic-amplifying materials. Used by those skilled in magic to minimise mana loss and increase the efficiency of their spell casting. Used both by healers and combatants.

Chaos Outbreak: a war between humanity and creatures of Chaos, notably maledicti and stormborn.

Curse: a change in the composition of a living being's body. Fundamental elements are disturbed, changing the precious balance in the physical form.

G

Gateway: a portal between the realm of the living and the Realm of Chaos. Such portals are unstable unless opened by those in tune with the elements of the Realm. Generally, these portals connect the realm of the living to the Blasted Plains, but powerful creatures, such as the maledicti can open gateways leading deeper into the Realm, such as the Sea of Flames.

Guardian of Light: a role in the Legionnaires of Light. Assigned to a location which they must defend at any cost.

Graver's Depths: a lake in the north of Luxurum. Two rivers flow into it, and one flows out. The origin of the name is lost; most find it quite ominous, but none have dared change it.

Gynesis: a small hardy plant. Grows in many different climates, in many different terrains. Its flowers are small, white and do not smell particularly good, but they contain much sweetness in their nectars, which attract many insects. The leaves are short and wide. The roots are highly nutritional, but taste strong and bitter. It is said to be one of the fundamental foods for all living things.

H

Ha'rm Sword: half-arm sword, commonly known as a ha'rm sword, is a straight-bladed one-handed sword which has a blade about half an arm long, ranging from 45 to 50 centimetres in length. This type of sword is common in the northwest of the mainland, as it requires little skill or strength to wield.