Afterword

Flann of Mirth was born in Mirthenhelm in 635 and died her hometown in 723, aged 74. She spent her childhood and teenage years helping her family farm. She was rescued in 669 and she joined the Legionnaires of Light as a priestess in 670. She learned healing magic and assisted in the Chaos Outbreak until the conflict's end in 670. She survived the war and married her childhood friend, Vanguard of Light Walgen, in 676. It appears that the fourteen years spent in the Realm of Chaos had no effect on her age – a rather fortunate side-effect of her curse.

After the Chaos Outbreak, she and several soldiers and legionnaires, seeking to settle, returned to the ruins of Mirthenhelm and rebuilt it. There, she had three children, all of which, as of 680, live on. 

A note on historical references: There are a few references made to knowledge brought back by a few individuals having escaped the Realm of Chaos on their own. These individuals are long dead, and were, unfortunately, of no particular interest to scholars of the time. However, we have been fortunate enough to have a document written by one of those escapees, a document which agrees with Flann's account of the Realm of Chaos. These individuals, I believe, did not escape the Realm of Chaos. They were no more than village or town folk, with little to no skill in stealth or magic. It seems far more logical that they were deliberately freed, perhaps to spread tales of the horrors that have yet to be seen in the realm of the living. Many great thinkers currently debate the nature of the mind behind the Outbreaks, and what he may next plan. The old records, along with Flann's account, help us understand what trials lie ahead if more powerful creatures are freed from the Realm of Chaos, or if humanity takes the fight to the Realm itself.