19

(A/N: Hi everyone! Hope your days have been well. I've been reading some of the comments and you guys are hilarious. I'm loving the theories and since I love some drama- I think I'll spice up some things later on.

Like always, thank you for your comments and votes. Also, comment who your favorite character(s) is/are and make some new friends! Take care and enjoy the chapter)

Xia awkwardly rocked on her feet as Wei Wuxian and Lan Zhan looked at her with shocked faces.

After a good minute, they finally speak.

"Absolutely not!"

"No."

Xia crosses her arms.

"Hah! I knew you both would disagree. You think I'll just be its afternoon snack!"

Wei Wuxian pinches her cheeks.

"Exactly! There's no way in hell that Lan Zhan or I will let you fight."

Xia smacks his hands away.

"Yes, you will! Because I know something that you don't know!"

Silence. Both males look at her with confusion.

"And what's that?" Wei Wuxian retorts.

Xia doesn't answer him quickly, as she was surprised by her own words too.

'Am I even sure I can do this? Crap.'

"Well...I have this new ability I wanted to try out."

"New ability? Is this what you've been working on for the last few months?"

Xia nods and begins to describe how it happened.

"Back in Gusu, I read a book on famous disciples of Baoshan Sanren in order to find information about my abilities. After going through half of the book, I finally found a cultivator by the name of Xiao Xiaochi."

"Xiao Xiaochi.." Lan Zhan repeated with furrowed brows.

That name...

Xia continues on.

"Apparently she came to Baoshan Sanren really young and already had intermediate cultivation skills, but with her teacher's help, she was able to take them to a whole new level. Her first distinct ability was she could purify evil spirit energy with an ability nicknamed Lán sè chúndù (Blue purity). Apparently, the ability started off as a blue glow. Then the next was qi arrows, made out of her own body energy. What's weird is that this same blue energy was what showed up when I first arrived. It appeared like blue flames, but it felt cool like water, and usually, the energy only appears when I'm provoked by something. But through meditation, I've found a way to control the energy throughout my body. What I'm hoping is that, if I can get close enough to the turtle demon, that I can purify it of its demonic energy with Blue purity and get us out of here faster than expected..but I'll need to meditate for 2 days."

Wei Wuxian and Lan Zhan had listened to her attentively and found themselves in awe at her words.

"Are you sure?" Wei Wuxian asks worriedly. "This turtle seems to have an enormous amount of demonic energy. I just don't want you to exhaust yourself."

Xia shakes her head.

"It doesn't matter. I'll do anything to prevent you both from getting hurt again. And I'm a lot stronger now, believe me. If this was the past, I would have taken my ass out of the cave with Jiang Cheng. But now, I'm tired of being saved and running."