22.

Hi everyone,

So it's been a long long time since I've updated. Longer than I wanted it to be.  This chapter is a bit short, to be honest, but things will be getting interesting. I was thinking about different routes for the story and I wanted to change some scenes from the anime to add some more *drama. I want to kinda elongate the series with some extra filler chapters so that Xia can have some more character development and so we get to see some more of your favorite characters.

Anyways, I am really happy to see that there are many people still reading my story. I hope this story has been a good escape from the stress in your lives. I have quietly been reading everyone's comments, which makes me even more determined to continue this story. I don't know when I will actually finish it completely, but it will be done. 

As always, thank you for reading, voting, and commenting on NFTW. Enjoy Chapter 22!

(takes place during Season 1, Episode 10)

Previously:

White Petals swirl around them, creating an ethereal scene.

Without any words exchanged, Xia's feet seem to move on their own as she runs forward into their arms.

Wei Wuxian welcomes her with open arms, pulling her closer to his chest.

He buries his face in her soft hair, and inhales the sweet smell of orange blossoms he's become so familiar with.

"A'Xia," he whispers softly into her ear, making her heart flutter. All the tension she had felt seemed to melt away as she let her body.

She moves her head so that she can look at his face.

"Are you hurt?"

She then proceeds to check his arm, making Wuxian blink and take her hands.

"A'Xia I'm fine, I swear."

She squints and moves closer to him.

"Are you really? You'd tell me if you were actually hurting, right?"

Wei Wuxian puts up his hands ,chuckling nervously.

"O-of course I would, heheh."

Xia crosses her arms, pouting.

"You better. Or i'll kick you ass."

Wei Wuxian just pokes her cheek.

"Dont frown so much, you'll get worry lines and look like Wen Cao~"

His words make Xia scowl before elbowing him.

"WEI WUXIAN!?"

Wei Wuxian snickers.

"Ya know he was totally into you in the cave. He was like " Oo! that girl right there is such a beauty. Maybe she can replace Jiao Jiao!"

"Wei Wuxian! You-" Xia's cheeks turn red with embarrassment and her eye twitches. "I-.Im gonna choke you!"

The black-haired teen then proceeds to make kissy faces at Xia, who tries to grab his neck.

"I see you're both already back to being idiots."

Xia and Wei Wuxians heads turn to see Jiang Cheng giving them one of his judging looks. They both smile sheepishly and then Xia suddenly remembers some things she was going to ask.

"Oh yeah, so what happened after the Cave incident? Is everyone okay? How's Lan Zhan?"

"After we dug up the hole and got you guys out of there, Lan Zhan went back to Gusu. After the fire, Xichen went into hiding and took the Lan Clans' most important books with him," Jiang Cheng sighs before saying solemnly. "He also found out that his father had passed. He had succumbed to his injuries following the fire."

Xia was shocked and saddened at the news and her heart could only hurt for her friend.

"Lan Zhan..." He didn't even get the chance to see him again.

Jiang Cheng continues.

"As for the Wen Clan, Cao went back to Never Night and claimed that he was the one who defeated the turtle."

"That bastard!"Xia sneers, clenching her fist. "He was the main one being a whiny bitch while the rest of us were searching! Wei Wuxian and Lan Zhan were the ones who defeated it!"

Tension suddenly filled the air. Jiang Cheng and Wei Wuxian exchange glances before Jiang Cheng looks at Xia wearily.

"A'Xia, Lan Zhan said that it was you who defeated the monster."

Xia looks at them with disbelief.

"What? You...you've got to be kidding me. How can I defeat a monster?"

Wei Wuxian looks at her confused.

"Do you not remember anything that happened? I was unconscious, so I didn't see it happen, but Lan Zhan told Jiang Cheng that something happened and you were able to defeat it."

" He didn't tell what though," Jiang Cheng adds.

Xia looks down at her hands.
What the hell? I literally can't remember a single thing that happen after Wei Wuxian and I went into the water. But I do remember hearing something talking to me...a man's voice.

'Damn Wen brat, you really have a terrible memory.'

Xia jumps looking around confusedly.

"Huh?!"

Jiang Cheng and Wei Wuxian look at her with concern.

"What is it, A'Xia?"

"Are you okay?"

Xia blinks before nodding.

"Yeah...I just...I thought I heard something." There's no way that was my imagination! What the actual hell is going on?

"I see you're both well."

Xia looks up along with Jiang Cheng and Wei Wuxian to see Jiang Fengmian standing before them. Xia's and Wei Wuxian's eyes immediately light up, not noticing the look of resentment Jiang Cheng casts his father.

"Master Jiang!"

"Uncle Jiang!"

Fengmian smiles at them both.

"I'm proud of you both for being so brave, especially you, AXia. Your training has paid off."

Xia blushes before looking down.
" I don't remember doing much though."

Fengmian pats her head softly.

"You did enough to impress a Lan clan member and made Jiang Clan proud. Don't discredit yourself."

Xia smiles but inside she was crying happy tears. Her daddy issues were definitely being healed every time Jiang Fengmian was around.

"The three of you can come to the main house. We will be having a little feast together."

Xia starts to follow Wei Wuxian and Clan leader Jiang only to turn and see Jiang Cheng had not moved.

"Cheng? What's wrong?"

Jiang Cheng looks at her before sighing.

"I'm not really hungry right now. You go on. Have fun."

Xia only nods, deciding not to pry any further.

"Oh okay. Well.. I'll see you later?"

He smiles, but it doesn't reach his eyes.

"Yeah. See you."

Xia looks at him once more before running to catch up with Wei Wuxian and Jiang Fengmian. Still, she couldn't help but wonder why Jiang Cheng seemed so upset. Had he and father gotten into a fight while she was unconscious?