27

Xia was tied to a post on the farthest part of the ship. Her lips were cracked and her eyes were barely open. Even though her sentencing was scheduled for the day she would arrive in Never night , Jiao Jiao had the Wen guards flog her back 50 times and forbid anyone to feed her.

She shivers at the suddenly breeze that passes and looks out into the moonlit sky.  It made her think of her time a in Gusu, when after a long day of studying ,she,Wei Wuxian,Jiang Cheng, and Nie Huaisang would go up to the mountains and watch the sky together.

(flashback)
"What's your biggest dream?" asks Wei Wuxian to Nie Huaisang,Xia,and Jiang Cheng. Nie Huaisang thinks for a moment ,tapping his closed fan on his chin.

"Well I guess I don't have any big dreams. Really I just wanna live carefree and paint...maybe even settle down..." he trails off and glances at Xia for a moment before blushing and looking away. "Y-yeah that's about it. Uhh how about you Wei Wuxian??"

Wei Wuxian smirks.
"Easy. I want to travel around the land and enjoy life with a bottle of emperors smile by my side."

Jiang Cheng gives him a deadpan look before shaking his head. Huaisang hums in acknowledgement at Wei Wuxian's reply before turning to Xia.

"How about you,A'Xia?"

Xia thinks for a moment.

"My dream? Well.." 'Its not like I can tell him I want to save the future...' She thinks before replying ,"Well I guess I havent thought about it...my dream.."  'Now that I think about it, my dream used to be to become a webtoon artist...but that was in my own world. But who knows if im gonna actually go back there...'

Wei Wuxian looks at her reassuringly.
"Dont worry A'Xia. We're still young and have plenty of time to think about our dreams. Plus if you want, you can just come see the world with me!"

Xia smiles at his consideration.
"Thanks Wei Wuxian."

Wei Wuxian doesn't notice the annoyed looks his way from the two boy's as he gives her warm smile back before looking at Jiang Cheng. 
"Alright now, Jiang Cheng, tell us your dream!"

Jiang Cheng crosses his arms.
"Obviously my dream is to become the next great Jiang clan leader and continue to promote peace in-"

"Boringggg," groans Wei Wuxian, before feigning a yawn.

Jiang Cheng scoffs incredulously
"W-Wei Wuxian! Y-you-"

Xia and Nie Huaisang cackle as Jiang Cheng jumps up and begins to chase Wei Wuxian around.

(flashback end)

Xia coughs dryly and  lays her head on the wooden wall of the cell.
'I really miss those days...I miss them all so much.'

'Damn, you really did it. Honestly I didnt think a Wen would give up their own life to save others.'

Xia rolls her eyes weakly before speaking lowly.

'Li Mu. You've been silent this whole time. I almost thought you weren't real anymore.'

'Heh. I just wanted to see if you'd go along with this plan of yours. You're quite bold for a little girl.'

'If you dont have anything useful to say, please just go back to shutting up.'

Li Mu chuckles.
'Since your body is weak at the moment,  so you can't activate blue purity and I can't get permission to take over. If I could, every single one of these Wen bastards would be dead. For now, you have to endure the torture of the Wen's a bit longer until you've regained some strength. You'll need wait for the right moment to strike." he pauses'Still...this could be ruined if they decide to destroy your golden core. You would be of no use to me then.'